Autumn Safety Tips – Halloween Safety, Flu Prevention, School Safety
Autumn brings exciting new adventures and activities every year. Football, bonfires and cable knit sweaters are among the interests of many. Keep some autumn safety tips on hand during the fall to ensure you and your family stays safe and healthy this season.
Halloween Safety Tips
To ensure your children stay safe this Halloween, keep in mind some of these safety tips.
– Always go trick or treating with your younger children. Many cities keep a curfew on Halloween, but make sure to join them to enforce curfew.
– Instruct your children to not eat any candy until you have had a chance to inspect it.
– Teach your children to never enter a stranger’s home or car.
– If trick or treating alone, make sure they carry a cell phone at all times in case of an emergency.
Flu Prevention Tips
The change in seasons always brings a strain of illness and flu. Keep in mind a couple of things before sending your children back to school in the fall.
– Make sure to constantly wash hands and sanitize countertops and appliances. Children bring home germs every day, keeping your home clean will help keep your kids cold free.
– Receiving a flu shot often helps. Many people believe taking a flu shot will give them the flu, this is often untrue. Most times you will feel a sore throat a day or so after, but nothing compared to the flu.
Children are ready to head back to school in the fall. Many will be walking, driving or taking the bus on their own. There are many hazards during the school year.
Yard Work – Autumn Safety Tips
Every fall, leafs make a larger appearance below your feet than above your head. Yard work can be a lot of work for a homeowner during the autumn.
– Make sure to wear protective gear when raking. Standing leaves can be wet and molding, so gloves and boots are a good idea.
– Large amounts of raking can be hard on your back and body. Make sure to take breaks to not over exert yourself.
– Make sure to maintenance your lawnmower before using it one last time. There are multiple things you can do to your lawnmower before you store it for the winter. This is a good time to maintenance your snow blower before winter rolls around as well.
Fall is an exciting time for many people. Keep in mind autumn safety is essential for keeping everyone safe during the season. To keep updated on new tips and ideas, read up on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and stay safe and healthy this fall.