Property fires are known to be among the most destructive and dangerous natural disasters. There are numerous sources that can cause a fire, including fireplaces, gas leaks, open flames on a stove or candle, and many more. When a fire starts and spreads, immediate action must be taken to evacuate the building and call the fire department.
Fire Damage Cleanup
After the flames are extinguished, call a licensed professional for fire damage restoration services. Duraclean Cleaning and Restoration is available in Atlanta, GA and the surrounding areas to provide full fire damage repair services right after the flames have been extinguished. Each of our professionals has years of training and experience in restoring everything from commercial buildings to apartments from fire damage.
Our technicians also use advanced products and equipment that are specifically designed to remove smoke damage and restore affected surfaces. They also attend frequent classroom training sessions to stay updated on the latest trends in the restoration industry. With these services, you can be sure that your home or building will be restored efficiently and effectively.
Our professional equipment and products allow us to provide effective and efficient fire damage restoration services, including the following:
- 24/7 Availability and Emergency Response
- Emergency Pre-Cleaning
- Content Cleaning and Pack Outs
- Restoration of All Affected Surfaces
Restoring Fire and Smoke Damage in Atlanta, GA
Smoke damage byproducts produced from burnt combustible materials is enough to cause permanent damage to your property if not cleaned immediately. When smoke settles after a fire, it can seep into porous materials and furnishings, compromising their structural makeup, thus making them impossible to restore. But when called right away, Duraclean Cleaning and Restoration will effectively remove all of the corrosive materials from all surfaces, using powerful chemical cleaners.
Fire Restoration – What to Do:
- Call Duraclean Cleaning and Restoration right away after a property fire.
- Cover all vents with two layers of cheesecloth.
- Change the HVAC filter.
- If the temperature of the property exceeds 60 degrees, improve the air circulation to remove remaining smoke odors.
- Clean and wipe off any of the following materials: chrome, aluminum, porcelain, Formica.
- Deliver any damaged clothing needed for immediate use to a special restoration dry cleaner.
- Turn off the electricity to remove all items from the refrigerator, leaving the door open.
- Throw away all open food containers.
Fire Damage Restoration – What NOT to Do:
- Do not use any electrical appliances that have not been inspected by one of our restoration technicians.
- Do not try to restore any of the building materials or contents yourself as improper cleaning techniques can lead to worsened and even permanent damage.
- Do not use any ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet.
After the restoration service is complete, you may still notice a ghastly, overwhelming smoke odor. While household cleaners may be enough to mask the smell temporarily, the odor particles from the fire and smoke damage are still within the walls and furnishings.
Our Duraclean Cleaning and Restoration technicians can also take care of this issue with powerful deodorizers, allowing us to clean all air spaces and materials within the home. We will also remove the source of the odor, if needed.
Contact Duraclean Cleaning and Restoration at (770) 679-2299 for professional fire damage restoration services in Atlanta, GA and the surrounding areas.