Daytona Beach, FL is a very popular town located along the northeast coast of Florida in Volusia County. It is known for the beach that bears the same name as the city and it is the main city located on what is known as the Fun Coast of Florida. Daytona Beach is a popular tourist spot that attracts people from all over the United States and beyond to its famous beaches and it hosts one of the largest NASCAR events, the Daytona 500.
Daytona Beach is always alive with tourists year round which makes it an exciting place to run a business. If you live in Daytona Beach or run a business in the area, it is beneficial to know that there are disaster restoration professionals that can help protect your home or business. The Daytona Beach area is prone to heavy rains and major storms such as hurricanes and tornadoes that can cause significant property damage. It is important for area residents and business owners to always be prepared for the worst weather and call a restoration professional immediately after sustaining storm or water damage.
From the Rain to Hurricanes: Water Damage Restoration Services for Daytona Beach, FL
Water damage may occur in a home or building as a result of several factors including broken pipes, leaks from the roof or plumbing fixtures, excess rain, or flooding. The Daytona Beach area experiences bursts of heavy rain and is also prone to hurricanes that can contribute to flood and water damage. If your home or business in Daytona Beach experiences water damage, make sure to contact a local water damage restoration professional as soon as possible. Excess water or moisture will get absorbed into the building materials and spread if it is ignored, often resulting in mold growth. The water damage cleanup professionals in Daytona Beach can remove excess water from your home or building and restore the damage.
Cleaning up After the Flames: Fire Damage Restoration in Daytona Beach, FL
There are few disasters that can strike a home or building that are more dangerous than a fire and once the fire is extinguished, it is important to begin the fire damage restoration process immediately. Fires leave behind dangerous chemical emissions and corrosive byproducts that can continue to cause property damage and make the building unsafe. The fire damage restoration professionals in Daytona Beach can help limit the spread of the damage and repair homes and businesses that have been affected by fire. Using the most advanced equipment and cleaning products of the industry, these professionals will remove soot from delicate surfaces and eliminate smoke odors.
Mold Removal Services for Daytona Beach, FL
Mold can be a major problem within a home or building because it spreads quickly, contributes to property damage, and carries several health risks. It usually grows as a result of water damage or excess moisture and the humid climate of Daytona Beach only helps to create the right conditions for mold to grow. If you do find mold in your home or building, contact a local mold removal specialist immediately. Ignoring it will only cause it to spread and a certified professional will prevent it from spreading to unaffected areas by removing it and repairing the damage it has caused.
Sunshine with a Chance of Rain: Daytona Beach Weather
Daytona Beach is known for its warm, sunny weather as it is one of the most popular beach destinations in the U.S. but it is not all sunshine on the northeast Florida coast. The Daytona Beach area is prone to thunderstorms for part of the year as well as hurricanes. There are only two distinct seasons in Daytona Beach, the hot, wet season from May through October and the warm, dry season from November through April.
During the summer or hot, wet season, the average temperature is usually in the 80s or 90s and drops to around 70˚ at night. Most of the annual rainfall that Daytona Beach receives occurs during this season and the hot tropical air that comes in from the Bahamas and Gulf of Mexico causes brief thunderstorms. The months of spring and fall experience plenty of sunshine and less rain with average temperatures around 80˚. The winter, or warm, dry season in Dayton Beach is typically mild with average temperatures around 70˚ but cold fronts can cause the temperatures to drop into the 50s during the day with overnight lows in the 30s.
The biggest concern with Dayton Beach weather is the potential for hurricanes. The Daytona Beach area is far enough north to avoid most hurricanes as they normally go off shore when they reach this point but the area is still prone to rains from nearby hurricanes. Direct hits from a hurricane in Daytona Beach are very rare but still possible.
Storm Damage Cleanup and Reconstruction Services for Daytona Beach, FL
While the weather in Daytona Beach is what many would consider ideal most of the time, there is still a chance for thunderstorms and the occasional hurricane so homeowners and business owners should be prepared and ready to respond to severe weather. If a hurricane or tropical storm causes significant damage to your home or building, contact a restoration professional immediately for storm damage cleanup services. These experienced professionals will remove the debris from your property and provide reconstruction services to repair major structural damage caused by a storm. Reacting quickly to storm damage and calling the professionals is the best way to get your home or business back on track following a natural disaster.
Racing and Tourism: Economy in the City with the World’s Most Famous Beach
The economy of Daytona Beach is mainly dominated by tourism as the beach draws visitors from all over the country, especially during spring break, and the presence of the NASCAR and Grand American Road Racing Association headquarters makes the city a destination for racing fans. Racing has been part of Daytona Beach since 1902 when automobile and motorcycle races began taking place on the compacted sand of the beach. The city now hosts the first race of the NASCAR season, the Daytona 500, at the Daytona International Speedway.
Another major part of the tourist economy in Daytona Beach is shopping. There are several major shopping centers in Daytona Beach including the Volusia Mall and the open-air Ocean Walk Shoppes that is located near the beach. There are also major shopping centers in nearby towns including the Pavilion at Port Orange and the Trails Shopping Center in Ormond Beach.
Aside from tourism, manufacturing is an important part of Daytona Beach’s economy with industrial facilities located in a foreign trade zone. This foreign trade zone is in close proximity to the Daytona Beach International Airport which makes it possible to ship via air, water, road, or railway. The biggest corporate headquarters located in the Daytona Beach area include the insurance company Brown & Brown, Halifax Health, International Speedway Corporation, Ladies Professional Golf Association, and NASCAR among others.
From Daytona Beach to Daytona International Speedway: Fun Things to Do in Daytona Beach, FL
Daytona Beach has one of the most famous beaches and is considered by many to be the “Spring Break Capital of the World.” The following are the most popular Daytona Beach attractions and events.
- Daytona Beach: The beach itself is one of the most highly visited beaches in the world and it has ten beachfront parks such as Lighthouse Point Park and Smyrna Dunes Park. There are also several Daytona Beach resorts that allow visitors to stay right on the beachfront.
- Museums: There are several museums in the Daytona Beach area including the Museum of Arts and Sciences which houses a variety of smaller museums and galleries such as the Cuban Museum, Root Family Museum, and the Bouchelle Center for Decorative Arts and the Southeast Museum of Photography that includes work by famous photographers.
- Performing Arts: In addition to the beach itself, Daytona Beach is known for its performing arts with venues that include the Athens Theatre in downtown Daytona Beach, the Peabody Auditorium, and the Daytona Bandshell located on the beach. The Daytona Beach Symphony Society books orchestras, operas, and dance companies from the U.S. and beyond to perform at the Peabody Auditorium.
- Sports: Daytona Beach has several major sports headquarters located in the area including NASCAR, Grand-Am, LPGA, United States Tennis Association, and International Speedway Corporation. NASCAR racing is amongst the most popular sporting events in Daytona Beach as the Daytona 500 marks the beginning of NASCAR’s season. There are also several golf courses in the area including two at LPGA International, the headquarters for the Ladies Professional Golf Association.
- Daytona Beach Events: Throughout the year, Daytona Beach hosts events including Speedweeks leading up to each major race, Daytona Beach Bike Week and the Daytona 200, and the Turkey Run Car show. The Speedweeks feature a variety of racing events around the city usually concluding with a major NASCAR race such as the Daytona 500 and the Turkey Run Car Show is a large car show that takes place the week of Thanksgiving. Daytona Beach Bike Week is a huge motorcycle rally that draws visitors from across the country and includes the Daytona 200 which is a motorcycle race at the Daytona International Speedway.
- Restaurants: Daytona Beach offers a wide variety of cuisine and even has a Dine Around Daytona Beach event that occurs through October. Everything from ethnic cuisine and seafood to microbreweries and wine bars can be found in the Daytona Beach area. Italian restaurants such as Don Vito’s Italian Restaurant and The Cellar are popular in the area as well as seafood places such as Caribbean Jack’s. Daytona Beach also has its share of Mexican and Thai restaurants.