Buying new carpet for your home is a great way to add value and revitalize the look of your home’s interior, but it is also quite an investment. Ideally, carpets should last for years but daily foot traffic inside your home can cause them to gather dirt and wear out quickly if they are not cared for properly. By following these carpet care tips, you can keep your carpet looking brand new and help extend its life to last for years in your home.
• Choose a Quality Carpet Pad: Every carpet type needs a pad underneath and the quality of the pad can affect the life of the carpet. A good carpet pad will provide better resilience for the carpet, especially on carpeted stairs, and help it last much longer.
• Vacuum Regularly: This is probably the most important of the carpet cleaning tips to follow. Vacuuming the carpet regularly will help improve the look of your carpet and keep it free of dirt and debris to prevent buildup. It is important to keep your vacuum cleaner maintained and empty it before each use.
• Immediately Cleanup Spills: Carpets are vulnerable to spills in any area of the home and when they occur, you should clean them up immediately. The longer a spill is left to settle into the carpet, the more difficult it is to remove the stain without professional carpet cleaning services.
• Rearrange your Furniture: Sometimes it is nice to change up the arrangement of your furniture for a change in scenery and it is also beneficial for the life of your carpet. Rearranging your furniture will open up different paths for foot traffic to help reduce the overall wear on the carpet.
• Schedule Professional Carpet Cleaning Services: While it is important to regularly vacuum your carpet, it does not remove everything from the carpet fibers. Professional carpet cleaning services provide a thorough cleaning of the carpet using methods that remove deeply embedded dirt from the fibers. It is generally recommended to have a professional clean your carpet once or twice a year to help keep it clean and prolong its life.
The carpet in your home greatly affects its appearance and keeping your carpet clean is the best way to prolong its life and increase the value of your home. These carpet cleaning tips will help you maintain your carpet to help extend its life and improve its appearance. Make sure to also have your carpet cleaned by a professional once a year to ensure that your carpet is thoroughly cleaned.