When excess water gets into your home or building, it can spread quickly through porous objects and materials and cause widespread property damage. Most cases of water damage are caused by a plumbing leak or leak in the roof or foundation, but water damage can also occur from a burst pipe, broken appliance, sewage backup, or adverse weather conditions such as heavy rain and natural flooding.
The initial damage caused by excess water starts with warped flooring or drywall and wet carpeting but can quickly worsen to include structural damage and mold growth. Water mitigation must begin on your property as soon as you notice a problem to prevent extensive damage. Hydroforce Cleaning and Restoration provides full water damage restoration services to help homes and businesses affected by water damage in Oak Lawn, IL.
Whether you are dealing with a leak or standing water from a flood, our technicians can help with our advanced water extraction equipment and structural drying. Each of our technicians has passed a background check and they have been properly trained to respond to water damage emergencies. Calling us as soon as you notice the damage will help us contain the spread of the water and reverse the effects before they become permanent.
Water Mitigation in Oak Lawn, IL
For water damage restoration services in the Oak Lawn, IL area, contact Hydroforce Cleaning and Restoration at (630) 528-2865.
Warping and discoloration of the flooring, drywall, and woodwork is only the beginning of the damage caused by water. The water will continue to spread and move up the walls and under the flooring into the subfloors where it can cause additional damage. Any of these materials can become structurally compromised if they absorb too much water and become a haven for mold growth.
Water Damage Restoration Process
Our technicians have the experience and equipment to handle any case of water damage and they are highly trained to use proven methods including Rapid Structural Drying. This is the process of drying affected objects and materials by using advanced dehumidification equipment and air movers to extract the water and evaporate the moisture.
Rapid Structural Drying helps restore the damaged items and materials on your property quickly and save them from permanent damage. We will also use moisture meters to find any hidden water damage and ensure that the water and moisture has been effectively removed.
If you are not sure if you should file a claim for the water damage, our technicians can help you determine if the damage is severe enough to get your insurance company involved with a claim. During our initial inspection, we will assess the source of the water that caused the damage and whether or not the cost of the damage from the excess water exceeds your deductible.
We will then help you decide if it is in your best interest to file a claim with your insurance provider. If you do file a claim, we provide direct billing services in which we will directly bill your insurance carrier to cover the claim.
For more information on water damage restoration, watch RestorationMaster video:
If you find significant water damage in your home or building, follow these tips to help limit the damage:
- Try to remain calm and contact Hydroforce Cleaning and Restoration for emergency water mitigation.
- Turn off the water at the emergency shut off valve to stop the flooding.
- Turn off the circuit breakers before unplugging or removing any electrical devices.
- Put aluminum foil under all furniture legs to protect the carpet from staining.
- Lift curtains and drapes off the floor.
- Lift up upholstery on your furniture that hangs on the floor.
- Remove items that can stain a wet carpet including books, shoes, potted plants, etc.
Make sure you do not do any of the following after sustaining water damage:
- Do not use your vacuum to remove water, there is a risk of electric shock or damaging your vacuum.
- Do not lay down newspapers in wet areas because the ink can transfer to wet carpeting or furniture and cause stains.
- Do not walk on wet carpeting more than necessary to avoid further damage.
Hydroforce Cleaning and Restoration offers comprehensive loss documentation on fire and water losses with 3D technology.
We can capture any loss in its entirety, including its exact dimensions. Not only does this serve the purpose of thoroughly documenting the condition of the structure, but it also captures the condition of people’s personal belongings and a business’s inventory. We can easily share the job link with the customer, their adjuster, and the contractor that will be performing the build back. This type of documentation reduces disputes over the severity of the loss and improves efficiency all the way around.
When it comes to insurance claims, it is critical that we have an agreed scope of work with the adjuster. Providing meticulous documentation of the damage helps move the claims process along. If your home or business has suffered a fire or water loss, Hydroforce Cleaning and Restoration is your beginning to end resource.
Why choose Hydroforce Cleaning and Restoration?
- 90+ Google Reviews: Hydroforce Cleaning and Restoration has received over 90 positive reviews on Google, indicating a high level of trust and satisfaction from its clients, which demonstrates the company’s commitment to excellence and customer satisfaction.
- IICRC Certified: As an IICRC Certified firm, Hydroforce Cleaning and Restoration maintains the highest standards in the industry to ensure our technicians are well-trained and skilled in the latest cleaning and restoration techniques.
- Lead-Safe EPA Certified Firm: Hydroforce Cleaning and Restoration is certified by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as a Lead-Safe firm, indicating our commitment to maintaining safe and healthy environments when dealing with potentially hazardous materials.
- Proud Member of Alliance: Hydroforce Cleaning and Restoration’s membership in Alliance demonstrates our commitment to a network of reliable professionals. This relationship enables them to enhance our services for clients by accessing valuable resources and expertise.
- 100% Guaranteed: Hydroforce Cleaning and Restoration offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee, demonstrating our commitment to providing high-quality results and addressing any concerns promptly.
- Top 10 Chicago Water Damage Restoration Services 2023 by Trust Analytica: Hydroforce Cleaning and Restoration has been recognized as a top water damage restoration service in Chicago by Trust Analytica in 2023. They have established themselves as a reputable authority in the industry, earning the trust of clients and evaluators.
- Angie’s List Certified Pro: Hydroforce Cleaning and Restoration’s certification by Angie’s List as a Pro reflects our strong reputation for customer satisfaction and professionalism in the cleaning and restoration industry.
Contact Us for Water Damage Repair in Oak Lawn, IL
If your home or business in Oak Lawn, IL is affected by a leak or a flood, contact Hydroforce Cleaning and Restoration as soon as possible for professional water damage restoration. Our technicians will immediately contain the spread of the water and begin the restoration of the affected areas.
We will also help keep out of pocket costs low with our price match guarantee that applies to non-covered claims. We will match or beat estimates from other professionals that adhere to the IICRC’s standard of care.
You can reach Hydroforce Cleaning and Restoration 24 hours a day at (630) 528-2865 for emergency water mitigation.
Related Water Damage Restoration Services:
Information you might find helpful
Experiencing water damage on concrete floors can be a challenging situation for both homeowners and business owners. The owner is tasked with identifying the source of the leak, cleaning it up, repairing it, and bearing the financial burden for the resulting damages. Concrete floor repairs can be expensive for homeowners, as they are foundational to many rooms.
A toilet overflow results in the spreading of wastewater on the bathroom floor. To prevent potential damage and hygiene issues, it is important to follow specific steps when cleaning up a toilet overflow, as the excess water can cause harm to the floor structures.
This guide provides information about the formation of flash floods, the associated risks, and preventive measures to protect oneself and belongings. Taking precautions and creating a detailed plan can decrease flood damage to your property and ensure the safety of yourself and your loved ones. If your home or building experiences flood damage, it is advised to promptly reach out to a water damage restoration expert.
Frequently Asked Questions about Water Damage Repair
Can a one time water leak cause mold?
Yes, it can. Mold growth can happen no matter the size of the water damage or how many times it has occurred. Flooding, pipe leaks, or sewage can all cause mold and mildew.
What is the biggest concern with water damage?
One of the biggest concerns of water damage is that it can compromise your home’s structural strength. When the wood within your residence absorbs water, it becomes susceptible to rot and potential collapse. Neglected water damage can also lead to the deterioration of your electrical systems, the corrosion of plumbing, the disintegration of ceilings and walls, and the proliferation of mold.
Is water damage a big deal?
Yes, opening a window is a way to increase ventilation and create airflow for your room. It helps reduce and prevent further mold growth because mold likes to develop in a high-temperature and humid environment.