Because of the numerous negative effects it can have, mold is a hazardous substance in homes and commercial settings. Mold can lead to severe property damage, hinder indoor air quality, and cause health problems. Mold is often found growing in areas with water damage or a high moisture level, and it will form on building materials that contain cellulose, mold’s primary food source. Once mold begins to grow, it can lead to extensive structural damage to the affected surfaces. Furthermore, it will release its spores and spread to new areas. If mold goes unaddressed, then health problems will become more likely because there is an increased risk for exposure.
RestorationMaster provides complete mold remediation services to help homes and businesses in Oak Brook, IL, that have been affected by mold growth. Our professional technicians will contain and eliminate mold growth using advanced techniques and equipment which will also help improve the indoor air quality. Once we have completed our job, a third-party company will conduct testing to ensure thorough mold removal.
With help from our mold removal services, your home or business will be free of mold and pass clearance testing.
Mold Remediation in Oak Brook, IL
From health problems to property damage, mold growth can create a myriad of concerns. For mold to start growing, it just needs a moisture source and a food source. Oftentimes, the food source comes from drywall, wood, and other common building materials. Mold is commonly found growing in bathrooms, kitchens, basements, attics, and other areas with high moisture levels. When mold grows on a surface, it can cause discoloration and surface damage. But with time, the mold can cause structural harm as it continues to eat away at the material. Furthermore, mold colonies release spores that can cause mold growth to spread to new areas.
Mold can also cause numerous allergies and other health issues to anyone exposed to it. For elderly individuals and children, mold is particularly dangerous. When exposed to mold, the health problems will worsen the longer you’re exposed. The following health problems can stem from mold exposure:
- Allergic reactions
- Breathing troubles
- Cold-like symptoms
- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis
- Irritation of eyes, nose, skin, and throat
- Respiratory infections
When you contact RestorationMaster for mold remediation services, our professional technicians will assess the damage and use this information to come up with a proper remediation plan. All our technicians are well-trained and properly equipped to conduct effective mold removal services.
The following can be expected from the mold remediation services we provide:
- Inspection: To begin, we will inspect the mold growth and identify the moisture source that triggered the growth. From there, our professionals will resolve the issue and develop a proper mold remediation plan.
- Containment: Because mold colonies disperse spores, mold can spread to new areas. To prevent this, we will contain the affected areas, stopping the fungus from spreading elsewhere.
- Filtration: We will eliminate mold growth and decrease the mold spore concentration in the air by using HEPA filtration machines that filter mold spores and purify the air.
- Remediation: Mold remediation is best left to the professionals because of the advanced techniques it requires. Simply using bleach will not thoroughly eliminate the fungus. Using HEPA vacuums, we eliminate mold spores from affected surfaces, and using advanced cleaning products, we remove mold stains. From there, we use EPA-registered antimicrobials to treat affected materials. If items cannot be salvaged, we will remove and dispose of them.
- Drying: To prevent future mold growth, our technicians will ensure affected areas are moisture-free and thoroughly dry, and we will also discuss moisture management strategies.
- Final Inspection/Testing: When we have removed the mold and cleaned the property, a third party will test the property to ensure the spore count is at a safe level.
Once you come across a mold problem, it needs to be addressed right away. The mold will only worsen with time — as will the potential health problems. RestorationMaster is prepared to provide effective mold remediation services that restore your residential or commercial property to a safe environment. We can be trusted to eliminate mold growth and provide post-removal testing to guarantee your satisfaction.
For the mold remediation services we offer in Oak Brook, IL, call us at (888) 915-7197.
Mold Remediation Oak Park, IL
Mold Remediation Services Darien, IL
Mold Remediation Company Bridgeview, IL
Mold Remediation Professionals Burr Ridge, IL
Mold Removal Burbank, IL
Mold Remediation Contractors Downer’s Grove, IL
Mold Remediation Specialists Hickory Hills, IL
Mold Removal Company Orland Park, IL
Mold Removal Professionals Tinley Park, IL
Mold Removal Contractors Berwyn, IL
Mold Removal Services Darien, IL
Mold Removal Professionals Oak Brook, IL
Mold Remediation Services Oak Lawn, IL
Mold Remediation Contractors Lombard, IL
Mold Remediation Specialists Elmhurst, IL