Water damage can certainly cause significant damage for any building material, but when the water has been contaminated with organic waste, the damage is much worse. It’s also extremely dangerous for everyone on the property due to the amount of bacteria and pathogens in the water. In this situation, a professional cleanup company must be called right away.
RestorationMaster is available 24/7 in the St. Louis, MO area to provide emergency sewage cleanup services. Our technicians utilize personal protective equipment (PPE) and commercial cleaning agents to safely restore a clean and healthy environment again.
Dealing with a Sewage Backup
Due to the amount of contaminants in the water, taking immediate action to have it extracted from the property is essential. Even if personal belongings have become engulfed within the water, it is best to let the professionals restore these contents as well.
While sewage backups are not always common, they usually occur from a drain clog or blockage within the pipe. The water is forced to flow in the opposite direction and spill out from the toilet or drain, creating a dangerous mess on the property.
Many homeowners may believe that backups can only occur within the property; however, they can also occur outside. If the roots of vegetation wrap around the pipe, they can cause it to burst, sending a flood straight through the walls of the home.
Professional Sewage Cleanup
As soon as they receive your first call, the technicians of RestorationMaster will be on their way with all necessary equipment to restore the affected area. Each of our professionals are trained and experienced when it comes to restoring building materials from all kinds of damage, including water, fire, and of course, sewage. We just ask that the air conditioner or fan be left running in order to air out the property and prevent the risk of mold growth.
All of the following are included within our sewage cleaning process:
- Water Extraction: All standing water will be removed from the affected area to prevent the damage from spreading to other rooms.
- Debris Removal: All ruined porous materials will be removed using controlled demolition. Replacements will be ordered and installed later.
- Decontamination: The remaining non-porous materials will be thoroughly sanitized and cleaned.
- Drying Process: RestorationMaster will set up our professional drying equipment, including high velocity air movers and dehumidifiers to eliminate excess moisture.
- Installation of Porous Materials: As soon as they arrive, we will install all drywall, insulation, and carpeting to finish the restoration process.
- Deodorization: All lingering odors from the sewage water will be removed using powerful deodorizers.
- Working with Insurance Company: If needed, we will work with your insurance company to assist with open claims to expedite the process.
As you can see, sewage cleanup is a very involved process that requires professional cleaning and controlled demolition in order to completely restore the affected area. RestorationMaster also works to guarantee your satisfaction as it is our main goal to restore complete peace of mind. At any time you have any property emergency, don’t hesitate to give us a call. We are available 24/7.
RestorationMaster is available 24/7 at (636) 492-3030 in the St. Louis, MO area to provide professional sewage cleanup services. We work with insurance companies.