Even a small fire can produce a lot of smoke, leaving soot and odors that penetrate carpet, upholstery, clothing and other porous materials. If you are planning on selling your St. Charles, MO home or renting your office space, it’s mandatory to remove any past evidence of smoke damage.
Fire and smoke damage is known to be one of the most dangerous and harmful forms of natural disasters. It has the power to destroy forests, wildlife, and your precious home. However, what most individuals do not realize is that the smoke and soot left behind from the flames is actually what causes the most damage. These corrosive byproducts will settle into their affected materials and deeply compromise their structure. This makes fire damage restoration essential in preventing secondary or even permanent damage.
Emergency Fire Damage Cleanup
ServiceMaster of St. Charles considers all situations an emergency when providing fire damage repair services in St. Charles, MO. Our technicians have years of experiencing in dealing with fire and smoke damaged materials; they know that treatment must be made right away in order to save the materials. Finally, we will ensure that your property will be returned to its original condition in a timely manner, as long as we are called right away.
Damage Caused by the Flames and Smoke
While fire has the ability to start small and spread quickly, it can also penetrate through walls, destroying anything in its path. As the building materials are consumed by the flames, it can be extremely difficult to restore them. But as soon as the fire department has put out the fire, it is up to ServiceMaster of St. Charles to provide emergency fire damage cleanup services to prevent permanent damage.
Our technicians understand that fire damage is an extremely stressful and traumatic situation, which is why they work quickly to apply advanced products to remove all smoke and soot residue from the building structure. Any etching and tarnishing that has occurred will be effectively removed without damaging the building material.
ServiceMaster of St. Charles is a highly reputable, licensed, insured, and endorsed provider of fire and smoke restoration services. Our technicians have completed advanced training in fire mitigation, restoration systems, and corrosion control. Some of the services provided include emergency services, odor control, restoration, hard and soft contents restoration, and pack-out services.
Our fire and smoke cleanup services cover all of the following procedures:
- 24/7 response
- Open communication
- Immediate pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning and pack-out services (if applicable)
- Controlled demolition
- Ceiling and wall cleaning
- Final inspection
- Assistance with insurance claims
Fire Restoration – What to Do
- Call ServiceMaster of St. Charles for immediate fire damage restoration in St. Charles, MO.
- Open all windows, if possible, to air out the property as much as possible.
- Wipe off any aluminum, porcelain, or Formica surfaces to prevent additional tarnishing caused by the soot.
- Change the HVAC filter on your duct system.
- Throw away any food items that were present during the fire.
- Make sure the electricity is turned off, then remove all items from the refrigerator.
- Transport any damaged clothing to a professional restoration dry cleaning service.
- Place two layers of damp cheesecloth over the air vents.
Smoke Mitigation – What NOT to Do:
- Do not touch any walls, furniture, or woodwork within the property as the oil from your hands can cause additional or even permanent damage.
- Do not enter any room with significant electrical or structural damage.
- Do not use any ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is still wet from the firehose.
- Do not clean any upholstery or carpeting.
Smoke Damage Cleanup
Depending on the situation, our smoke damage cleanup specialists can use air scrubbers, thermal fogging and ozone treatments to remove smoke and odor particles. In some cases, smoke damage mitigation may require multiple treatments.
As soon as a fire has been put out on your home or building, it is imperative to start treatment right away. As the smoke and soot will cause etching and tarnishing to your already-damaged building materials, they can be permanently compromised if left alone for too long.
ServiceMaster of St. Charles is available 24/7 at (636)492-3030 for emergency fire and smoke damage restoration services in St. Charles, MO.
In addition to St. Charles, MO, we are able to service all of the following counties:
- Monroe county, IL
- Jersey county, IL
- St. Clair county, IL
- Madison county, IL
- St. Charles county, MO
- St. Louis county, MO
- Lincoln county, MO
Click above to read the full list of questions and answers, courtesy of ServiceMaster of St Charles.