Water might not look that harmful at first glance, but it has the power to completely damage a property. Even resilient building materials eventually succumb to water damage and can become structurally weak. Water sinks into the porous building materials and damages them from within, which is why it must be cleared quickly. At Hydroforce Restoration and Cleaning, we have a team of water damage restoration experts who can easily handle all kinds of problems and ensure that your property in Bridgeview, IL is clean, safe, and undamaged.
We Respond Quickly
We always treat water damage cases as urgent and respond quickly to your calls. If water and moisture is allowed to linger for too long, it can weaken walls, floors, and other such features on your property and encourage mold growth. We have a fixed emergency line that’s open 24/7 so you can call us as soon as you spot the problem. We’ll respond promptly regardless of the time of day and arrive at your location within 2 hours.
What Do We Do?
Our goal is to remove the water and restore your property as quickly and efficiently as possible. We approach each project methodically and make sure the problem is resolved completely before we consider our job done. Here’s what we do when we arrive at your location:
- Extracting Water – Our first step is to minimize the damage by removing the water quickly. We use specialized machines to drain the water away from the flooded room. We also remove water from areas that are often ignored, like air spaces.
- Drying – Once all the standing water is clear, we focus on drying the area completely and removing excess moisture. We use industrial strength dehumidifiers to remove all traces of moisture, especially in areas like basements that are away from fresh air and sunlight.
- Preventing Mold and Mildew – Mold and mildew are common after floods and water damage. We use antimicrobial agents to discourage mold and any pathogens that might be in standing water.
- Damage Assessment and Documentation – After the area is free of moisture and water, we will assess and document the damage carefully before we start the water damage restoration
Water Damage Repair – What to Do
- Call Hydroforce Restoration and Cleaning right away to limit the spread of the damage.
- Mop up or blot dry as much water as you can yourself.
- Remove any photos, paintings, or artistic objects from the damaged walls and into a safe, dry location.
- Wipe down furniture, propping up any wet cushions for even drying.
- Place a piece of aluminum foil underneath furniture legs to prevent the water from traveling up.
- Leave any books in their shelves. Pack them tightly.
- Allow for proper air circulation through the home or building to enhance drying.
- Lift any draperies, such as blinds, curtains, or bed skirts from the floor. Place on a coat hanger to dry.
Flood Cleanup – What to Avoid
- Do not enter any room with standing water or severe electrical or structural damage.
- Do not touch any visible mold.
- Do not try to remove anything that is tacked down to the floor.
- Do not use a vacuum cleaner to soak up any water.
Don’t hesitate to contact us at Hydroforce Restoration and Cleaning, if you find water damage in your home or business in Bridgeview, IL. Our technicians are properly trained and equipped to ensure that the water is removed and that the affected areas are dry. Just give us a call at (708) 571-2550 for emergency assistance.