Mold and mildew thrive in moisture-rich, dark, and cool environments. If the moisture is allowed to linger, you’ll have to deal with mold growth in that space. At Hydroforce Cleaning and Restoration, we take steps to removal mold during our water damage restoration services, but sometimes they emerge despite our best efforts. As a part of our mold remediation services, our expert technicians will remove all traces of mold from your home or business in Bridgeview, IL and make sure it doesn’t come back.
Facts About Mold Growth
Mold is a very aggressive fungus and will grow and thrive at the slightest encouragement. It spreads quickly and can compromise the air quality of your home. People who are sensitive to allergies and illnesses are particularly susceptible to it. Here are some facts you should know about this fungus:
- Mold can grow within 48 hours so you can’t allow excessive moisture or water damage to linger for longer than a day.
- Floods, broken pipes, slow and small leaks, or high levels of humidity are all common causes of mold growth because they create the right environment for it.
- The cellulose present in drywall and wood is a food source for this fungus and that’s why mold growth is common on such surfaces.
- Humidity above 50% can encourage mold growth too.
For more information on mold remediation, watch RestorationMaster Video
How Do We Do Mold Remediation?
We encourage our clients to leave mold remediation to professionals because DIY remediation can place your health at risk and spread mold particles in your home’s environment. Here’s how we handle mold growth:
- Assessment – Our expert technicians will comb through your property to identify the sources of mold. They’re very thorough and always double check, because they don’t want to miss a spot and let mold linger.
- Isolation – Once we’ve found the mold in your property, we isolate it to stop it from spreading further. The cleaning process will release the mold in the air so containment is necessary to stop it from spreading.
- Cleaning – We use sophisticated cleaning equipment and techniques to remove all traces of mold from your property and apply preventive measures to ensure it doesn’t come back.
Available 24/7 for Mold Remediation in Bridgeview, IL
If you have a problem with mold in Bridgeview, IL, don’t hesitate to contact us at Hydroforce Cleaning and Restoration. Our expert technicians will carry out thorough mold remediation and ensure your home environment is healthy once again. All you need to do is give us a call at (630) 528-2865 for professional mold removal.
Related Mold Remediation Services:
Helpful Mold Removal Information:
Mold tends to appear in dark and damp environments, but it can grow in both indoor and outdoor settings, including garages. There are various causes for mold growth on garage doors. It may be due to open windows or doors or even the HVAC system, however mold can also grow due to dampness caused by a flood or an improperly sealed garage. If the garage is a highly utilized area, such as attached garages that serve as the main entrance to the home, there is a higher likelihood of mold growth. Mold spores can develop rapidly in suitable conditions, so it is important to be aware of any waste or spills in the garage as they can lead to mold growth. There are methods for eliminating and preventing garage mold formation.
Sewer backups can occur inside or outside of a home. Internally, potential causes include obstructions from tree roots or clogged pipes. However, the problem can be significantly more severe externally. During a heavy thunderstorm, leaving the door open can lead to flooding. This is a result of a sewer backup. When the drainage pipes underground become overwhelmed, water rapidly inundates the streets. In the future, a waterfall may flow into your home.
During the spring season, there are numerous things to enjoy with the arrival of sunshine and warm weather. People have the opportunity to enjoy pleasant weather and engage in outdoor activities such as gardening and planting flowers to enhance their yards. However, spring offers more than just improved weather conditions. Spring is commonly designated for cleaning and organizing homes, businesses, or buildings. One aspect to be cautious of while conducting your spring cleaning is the presence of indoor mold. This is supported by the fact that temperatures naturally become warmer in the spring, which subsequently increases the likelihood of mold growth.
Related Water Damage FAQ
Mold is abundant in the natural environment. The spores are no stranger to indoor areas, too. When water damage strikes, mold can develop rapidly, often within 24 to 48 hours. However, several factors can impact how fast the mold colonies develop.
While water leaks behind walls happen out of view, there are often several signs that can help you detect these water leaks. Here are common signs of water leakage behind your walls.
- Musty odors
- Visible mold growth on walls and baseboards
- Peeling or bubbling paint and wallpaper
- Warped walls
- Buckled ceilings and floors
Homeowners who stay on top of routine home inspections and maintenance can prevent costly water damage problems. Some instances of water damage are hidden or occur gradually and subtly. Consequently, spotting signs of water damage is not always straightforward—but rather tricky.