Microscopic mold spores are a constant presence in the air. Given the proper conditions, they will grow anywhere. Once this occurs, they can easily spread their spores throughout your home. Building materials also provide an excellent food source for mold to thrive. It destroys building materials, upholstery, and furnishings. It also irritates eyes and lungs. Mold can be a minor discomfort; however, anyone with allergies, a sensitive immune system, or respiratory issues, are at risk for severe health effects.
RestorationMaster provides comprehensive mold remediation for commercial and residential clients in Beaverton, OR and surrounding areas. We have the equipment and training to safely and effectively remove all traces of mold without contaminating the rest of the building.
Mold most often appears in places where water leaks in hidden areas, such as broken pipes inside a wall. Enclosed areas also keep the humidity high and allow mold to grow and spread undetected.
Prolonged exposure to mold can lead to serious allergy and respiratory issues. Many people have thought they had a cold they couldn’t shake when they actually had mold in their home. But remediation isn’t a DIY project; commercially available products are not effective and without proper training and equipment, it is easy to contaminate additional areas, not to mention exposing yourself to toxic spores. However, the mold removal technicians at RestorationMaster use effective products not available in stores to safely remove the mold in your home or building.
Mold Restoration – What to Do
- Call RestorationMaster as soon as you discover any case of mold in your home or building. Our technicians have years of experience in removing mold of all sizes.
- Properly dry off any wet surfaces that are at risk for growing mold. Fix any water leaks as this could be the source of the mold growth.
- Allow for proper air ventilation throughout the property, opening any windows and doors as long as the outside air conditions are suitable.
- Wear the proper gear, including eye wear, mask, and gloves.
- Remove all moisture within the air by turning on the A/C system or dehumidifier.
- Monitor the air duct system.
Mold Removal – What NOT to Do
- Never try to clean the mold yourself
- Do not use any household cleaning products such as bleach or vinegar as it will only irritate the mold and cause it to release it’s spores to cause further damage.
- Do not use any product on the mold, including paint or caulk.
- Avoid direct contact with the mold as it may cause severe illness.
Mold Remediation Process
The experts at RestorationMaster have the training and experience to isolate and remove mold without spreading it or endangering themselves and others. We use only the most effective products and equipment available to the industry to eradicate all traces of mold from your home or business. Our technicians will remove hidden mold from walls and repair damaged surfaces and structures. Finally, in order to prevent mold growth in the future, sources of moisture are located and repaired.
Mold must be taken seriously as it as much of a hazard to your health as it is to your building.
That’s why it is vital to call the professionals of RestorationMaster at (503) 376-6666. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for comprehensive mold remediation for commercial and residential clients in Beaverton, OR and surrounding communities. Mold may be a common occurrence, but that doesn’t mean it has to be in your home.