Fires are one of the most dangerous disasters as they cause extensive damage to a home or building while threatening the health and safety of you and your family. The situation can still be dangerous after the fire is extinguished because smoke, soot, and the water used to put it out will continue to spread damage. This can then become permanent if the restoration does not begin soon enough. RestorationMaster in turn provides fire and smoke damage restoration services in Seattle, WA to help homes and businesses recover after a fire. Our IICRC certified technicians will arrive within 2-4 hours of your call to contain the damage and begin the restoration process.
It is best to call for smoke damage restoration services as soon as the fire is extinguished to prevent permanent damage. This is because certain synthetic materials release chemical emissions and corrosive byproducts when burned that may linger after the fire; furthermore, the soot will settle throughout the building, causing etching to select surfaces. To prevent this, RestorationMaster will effectively remove soot damage from the following delicate household surfaces using the appropriate chemical combinations:
- Chrome, brass, aluminum
- Marble, tile, porcelain
- Carpeting and upholstery
Fire and Smoke Damage Repair Technicians in Seattle, WA:
The technicians at RestorationMaster have the training to clean and restore any case of fire damage in both commercial and residential settings. In addition, our cleaning products and equipment allow us to fully restore the furniture and structural elements in your home as well as personal belongings including electronics and fine art.
Our fire and smoke removal process consists of the following five steps:
Smoke Odor Removal – What to Do
- Immediately contact RestorationMaster for fire damage restoration services as the damage can quickly become permanent.
- If the outside temperature is above 60 degrees, open the door and windows to air out your home.
- You can prevent permanent damage to Formica, chrome, porcelain, and aluminum by cleaning these surfaces.
- Change the air filter on furnaces that use forced hot air
- Tape damp cheesecloths over the return and supply registers to help filter soot from the air.
- Throw away any open food packages.
- If the power is out, thoroughly clean out your refrigerator.
- Save smoke damaged clothing for our restoration dry cleaning services.
Fire Damage Repair – What NOT to Do
- Do not touch damaged walls, upholstery, or woodwork with your hands because the oil in your hand can penetrate these surfaces and cause further damage.
- Do not wash soot damaged walls yourself because improper cleaning methods will compound the problem.
- Do not clean carpeting or upholstery this should be done by professionals.
- Do not use electrical appliances until they have been deemed safe to use.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures hanging on a wet ceiling.
Contact Us for Fire Damage Restoration in Seattle, WA
Fires can cause extensive damage to a home or building, but taking the right actions as soon as the fire is extinguished will limit the scope of the damage. Upon the initial call of RestorationMaster for fire and smoke damage restoration services, we will provide free estimates to homes and businesses in Seattle, WA that have been damaged by a fire. We will also file claims with your insurance company.
We are available anytime at (888) 915-7197 to respond to all fire and smoke damage emergencies in the Seattle, WA area.
Related Fire Damage Restoration Services: