Water Damage Related Info
Water damage is among the most common types of damage incurred by a home or building. This is because there are numerous sources from which it can be derived, including: burst pipes, heavy rain, flooding, sewer backups, and more. Upon encountering water damage in your home, it is imperative to call for water damage restoration services as soon as possible. As water or moisture accumulates within your home, it will seep into porous materials including drywall, wood, and tiles. If not treated immediately, this can spread to other areas as well. To avoid having your furnishings and materials soiled, call RestorationMaster for timely, efficient water damage restoration services in Salem, OR. Our advanced equipment guarantees the extraction of all excess water and moisture within the home or building. This will in turn eliminate the risk of further water damage and mold growth.
Emergency Flood Cleanup
There is no guaranteed way to prevent a flood from seeping into a home. However, guaranteeing emergency flood cleanup services are our specialty. It is essential to call us right away before the excess water causes excessive damage to your treasured belongings. There is also a strong possibility that mold will grow in its place after the water has been absorbed into the materials.
Our technicians at RestorationMaster are available 24/7 to respond with emergency flood cleanup services. Using advanced water extraction equipment, we can quickly remove all excess water and moisture through a unique, effective process. The water will first be contained to the affected area to avoid damaging additional materials. It is then completely extracted while the affected items and surfaces are dried thoroughly with our dehumidifiers.
Our water damage restoration services consist of these main steps:
- Complete inspection of the damage
- Water extraction
- Anti-microbial application
- Drying: air blast
- Drying: dehumidification
- Frequent monitoring to ensure thorough drying
Water Damage Repair – What to Do
- Mold and mildew are able to grow as soon as the building materials have been damaged by water. Be sure to call us right away when this happens.
- Mop up or blot dry as much of the water as possible.
- Remove any rugs or floor coverings and hang them up to dry. Do not try to remove any coverings that are “stuck” to the floor.
- Remove any other contents placed on the floor and hang to dry.
- Clean furniture and prop up any wet cushions and pillows for complete drying while placing a piece of foil underneath the furniture legs (chairs, couches, tables, etc.).
- Remove any damaged photos, paintings, and other artistic materials to a safe, dry area for complete drying.
- Do not take any books from their places. Please wait until the restoration technician has arrived to have the water properly extracted.
- Prop open doors, closets, and cabinet doors to speed up the drying process.
Water Extraction – What to Avoid
- Do not enter any room with a pool of water with the electricity on. Please wait for the arrival of the water restoration technician.
- Do not try to vacuum up the water.
- Do not attempt to lift tacked-down carpeting without the specialists’ help.
- Do not disturb any visible mold as it could release spores and spread further into the affected area.
- Do not use any electrical appliances on the carpet or flooring.
If your home or building has withstood excessive water damage, it is important to call RestorationMaster right away. Our timely services guarantee an effective cleanup while preventing all future mold growth. We are available 24/7 at (888) 915-7197 for all flood damage emergencies in Salem, OR and the surrounding communities.