Hoarding situations are difficult because of the legitimate mental disorder involved. For those with extreme hoarding tendencies, fear and anxiety are felt when they are faced with disposing of items, even garbage. This is why it so critical to approach these scenarios with compassion and consideration, and also why family members and/or friends should get involved. Here at RestorationMaster, we understand the complex nature of hoarders, and offer full hoarding cleaning services to help return their property to a livable condition once more. We offer this service to property owners in the Middletown, NJ, area.
The Nature of Hoarding
As we mentioned, individuals afflicted with hoarding tendencies suffer from a very real disorder that makes it almost impossible for them to throw away items on their own. They are generally very embarrassed to seek help, as well. We highly encourage trusted family members and friends to intervene on their behalf. The first step to doing this is showing the affected individual the risks they are putting themselves and their loved ones in.
Needless to say, homes with excessive amounts of hoarded belongings are dangerous to live in; however, it can sometimes help to list these hazards. Below are common dangers associated with hoarding environments:
- Tipping Hazards: When loose items are stacked atop one another, they can fall onto individuals, thus trapping them and possibly incapacitating them.
- Obstructed Walkways: When belongings block walkways and exits, those living in the property are in greater danger when emergencies occur. This is because there are even fewer avenues of escape.
- Fire Hazards: Fires that begin in hoarding environments quickly grow into devastating infernos because the clutter acts as extra fuel.
- Health Complications: Hoarded belongings trap dirt, mold, dust, bacteria, and debris. This can lead to severe health complications for those living in close proximity, and those who are exposed to it on a regular basis.
RestorationMaster Hoarding Cleaning Services in Middletown, NJ
RestorationMaster is a highly trusted name in the restoration and sanitization industry because of our extremely talented technicians, state-of-the-art equipment and methodologies, and respectful service. Additionally, all of our procedures abide by the rules and regulations set by the EPA, OSHA, and Department of Transportation.
To gain a better understanding of what to expect from our hoarding cleaning services, please see below:
- Compassionate Service: We treat all of our clients with respect and consideration.
- Extended Availability: We are available by phone 24 hours a day at (973) 306-0963.
- Clutter Removal: With your help, we will begin to remove unneeded belongings from your property.
- Cleaning Services: Affected areas will be fully sanitized.
- Deodorization Services: Any unpleasant odors will be eliminated.
- Proper Disposal: With your assistance, we will determine which items to recycle, donate, or throw away (we are also certified to handle dangerous biohazard material).
Contact Us for Hoarding Cleaning Services in Middletown, NJ
Whether it is you or a loved one that is in need of hoarding cleaning services, we hope that you will learn more by speaking with our knowledgeable RestorationMaster representatives. We are available by phone at all hours of the day at (973) 306-0963, and are proud to service homeowners in and around Middletown, NJ.