A fire in your home or business can cause unthinkable damage in the blink of an eye. Though it may be difficult to try to process everything that’s happened, it is critical that you reach out to a restoration professional quickly to prevent further damage from affecting your property. Even after the flames have been put out, soot and corrosive byproducts left over by the blaze can continue to wreak havoc and the damage can become permanent if not addressed in time. As a trusted restoration and cleaning service, RestorationMaster is uniquely qualified to respond to homes and businesses affected by fire. We help homes and businesses throughout Golden, CO and surrounding areas get back on their feet after a fire breaks out.
Synthetic materials such as nylon, acrylic, polyester, and rayon are commonly found in buildings and produce dangerous chemical emissions when burned. In the case of fire, the soot and residue produced can continue to spread through the property long after the flames are out, causing damage to everything from carpeting and upholstery to aluminum and tile. It is important to act fast if you want to mitigate this damage and potentially salvage your items before the consequent etching and tarnishing become permanent. RestorationMaster is a valuable resource for helping you repair your items and restore parts of your property that have been structurally damaged by fire.
Our fire damage restoration service is comprised of five steps:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning
- Content pack-out
- Ceiling and wall cleaning
- Odor removal
Steps to Take After a Fire:
Contact RestorationMaster immediately after the fire is contained to begin the restoration process, maximizing the chances of fully restoring your belongings and the structural integrity of your home or business.
- When the temperature is above 60 degrees, open doors and windows to help air out the property.
- Clean any aluminum, chrome, Formica, and porcelain as quickly as possible to reduce the risk of permanent damage.
- Check to see if your furnace uses forced hot air. If so, change out the air filter.
- Place damp cheesecloths over return and supply vents to help filter out loose soot in the air.
- Throw away open food containers.
- Leave open and clean the refrigerator if the power is out.
- Take any smoke-damaged clothing to a restoration dry cleaner to be professionally treated.
What NOT to Do After a Fire:
- Do not touch drywall, upholstery, or wood, as the oils in your hands can cause further damage.
- Do not attempt to DIY clean soot-damaged walls, carpet, or upholstery. Using incorrect techniques can aggravate, rather than resolve, existing damage.
- Do not use electrical appliances that have not yet been inspected after the fire.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures on wet ceilings.
RestorationMaster is available 24/7 at (720) 706-8965 to respond to your fire damage needs in Golden, CO. If you want to stop the damage from a fire before it becomes permanent, reach out to us as quickly as possible so we can start the restoration process. Our team uses the latest equipment on the market to give you the best possible results from our fire damage restoration efforts.