A burst pipe can cause extensive damage to your home or a building. Especially, if the pipe is inside the wall, you might not see it right away. You need to take precautions to avoid a burst pipe which can lead to an indoor flood and more water damage.
RestorationMaster is ready to respond with emergency burst pipes restoration and water damage restoration in Cherry Hill, NJ. We use professional equipment and techniques to get rid of the excessive water and dry out the damaged areas and materials. We will also make sure that there is no risk of mold growth.
How Pipes Burst to Happen
When you live in areas with cold winters, your pipes are at risk of freezing whenever the temperature drops. The expanding ice within the pipe blocks the water flow and it can cause a rupture to the pipe. When the water spills out, your property can quickly become flooded and damaged. Therefore, you need to be careful about frozen pipes in your home.
The other reason for a pipe burst can be the material of the pipe. If a pipe is made of cast iron, steel, or lead, it can become rusted and damaged over time and eventually burst. Luckily, new homes and buildings have pipes that are made of copper and PVC which are rust-resistant materials.
Moreover, if the pipe fitting or installation is wrong, your pipes eventually lose connections, and burst pipes happened. Standard fittings are important to avoid burst pipes.
The last common reason for a pipe burst is “hard water” with calcium and magnesium that can build up within the pipes. The accumulation of the minerals can clog a pipe and prevent the water from flowing. This causes pressure within pipes that can lead to a burst to relieve the pressure.
How to Prevent Burst Pipes
There are some precautions you may want to take to prevent burst pipes.
- First, you can install home water filtration plants.
- Second, you should add a water softener to the water supply.
- Third, you can replace old pipes with new plastic ones and make sure they have the right fitting.
- And lastly, you should insulate the pipes that are in exposed areas.
Even if you take all the precautions against a pipe burst, it may still occur, and you can experience serious water damage. In that case, do not hesitate to call RestorationMaster for professional cleanup services.
Call RestorationMaster at (856) 746-6351 for Burst Pipes Water Damage Cleanup in Cherry Hill, NJ
RestorationMaster technicians are IICRC-certified to provide professional water damage restoration services in Cherry Hill, NJ, and surrounding areas in Camden County. We are ready to help if you experience burst pipes in your home or building
- Water Damage Cleanup in Cherry Hill, NJ
- Emergency Flood Cleanup and Dry Out Services in Cherry Hill, NJ
- Flooded Basement Cleanup Services in Cherry Hill, NJ
- Water Damage Restoration Company in Moorestown, NJ
- Water Damage Restoration in Burlington County, NJ
- Water Damage Cleanup in Medford, NJ
- Water Damage Restoration Services in Evesham, NJ
- Water Damage Restoration in Cinnaminson, NJ
- Flood Damage Restoration Company in Camden County, NJ
- Water Damage Restoration in Vorhees Township, NJ