Fires can happen very suddenly with little or no warning and every case of fire damage is different due to the cause and size of the blaze. One thing that is the same with every case of fire damage is that the damage will continue to spread after the fire is extinguished, making it important to begin the restoration process as soon as possible. ServiceMaster by Disaster Recon provides fire and smoke damage restoration services for homes and businesses that have been affected by fire in Cleveland, OH and the surrounding areas. Our technicians are highly trained to remove fire and soot damage and we provide written estimates for this service.
Solutions for All Fire Related Damage
Fire damage restoration typically consists of multiple phases because of the vast amount of damage it can cause and it is crucial to begin the restoration process immediately after the fire to prevent the damage from spreading. We can help restore the following types of damage that are commonly associated with fires:
- Fire Damage: This refers to the damage caused directly by the fire or the heat from the flames that chars objects in its path. Fire can cause some objects to melt as well as peeling in paint and wallpaper. Even after the fire is out, corrosive byproducts left behind can continue to damage building materials such as drywall, wood, plastic, and others.
- Smoke Damage: Smoke damage often spreads much further than the immediate areas affected by the fire as it can permeate into open pores in the building materials that are opened up by the extreme heat. Smoke is corrosive, toxic, and may leave a lingering odor in your home or building.
- Water Damage: There is a risk of water damage after a fire has been extinguished because fire hoses shoot so much water into the structure. This water can seep into the porous materials in a home and keep spreading to ruin insulation, drywall, electronics, and other personal belongings.
- Mold and Rot Damage: The water left from extinguishing the fire can also lead to mold damage and rotting if it is not removed quickly enough.
Fire Damage Restoration Process
ServiceMaster by Disaster Recon can repair and restore any type of damage caused by the fire, smoke, or water used to extinguish the fire and we use the most advanced cleaning products and equipment such as Hydroxyl generators, air scrubbers, and Omegasonics content cleaning systems to mitigate the damage and get your property back to normal. Our highly trained technicians will inspect the scope of the damage and create a plan to restore every aspect of the damage. Our complete fire damage restoration services include:
- Quick response to emergency calls
- Full inspection of the damage which includes checking for water damage using moisture sensors, meters, and hygrometers
- Antimicrobial applications for mold and mildew growth and we also have green cleaning options
- Full content restoration including cleaning and decontamination as well as pack-out services if necessary
- Air duct cleaning if necessary
- Thermal fogging to neutralize smoke odors
- Thorough cleaning of all affected surfaces including walls, ceilings, floor coverings, fixtures, appliances, and others.
- Disinfection and deodorization of affected areas with ozone machines
- Reconstruction to repair damaged structural elements
- Coordination of insurance claims with local insurance providers
- Final inspection to ensure the job is complete to the satisfaction of the client
If a fire strikes your home or business in Cleveland, OH, do not hesitate to contact ServiceMaster by Disaster Recon as soon as the fire is put out to inspect the damage and begin the restoration process. We respond quickly to fire damage to help stop the spread of the damage and we provide written estimates before beginning the work. You can call us anytime a (440) 799-6661 for fire damage emergencies in Cleveland, OH.