The residents of Jacksonville, FL are no strangers to the effects of water on their homes. Florida faces tropical storms that bring large amounts of rain and the consistent humidity can also be damaging. Most building materials including wood and drywall are porous which allows the water to get absorbed and spread further. This infiltration can lead to extensive structural damage while creating conditions that are ripe for mold growth. RestorationMaster provides water damage restoration services in Jacksonville, FL to clean up and restore water damaged homes and buildings. We will stop the spread of the water and completely dry the affected areas with our advanced equipment.
The reason excess water can be so damaging in a home or building is because it can get absorbed in the flooring, walls, carpeting, woodwork, and insulation. This not only causes the water to spread further, but also makes these materials weak which can result in severe damage. Reacting quickly is the key to limiting the damage. Our technicians will immediately contain the excess water and remove it with our state-of-the-art water extraction equipment. Once the water is removed, we will ensure that the entire area is completely dried to prevent mold growth.
Our water damage restoration services consist of these basic steps:
- Initial inspection and evaluation of the damage
- Water extraction
- Anti-microbial application
- Drying: air movement
- Drying: dehumidifying
- Drying: monitoring
Flood Damage Restoration
The Jacksonville, FL area is prone to flooding caused by heavy rain and major storms that can have a damaging effect on your home. Standing flood water in a home or building can cause serious damage very quickly because the water will get absorbed into the walls, flooring, woodwork, and other porous building materials. This can result in buckling, warping, or more severe structural damage as well as mold growth. Flood water is also unsanitary because it may contain sewage or microorganisms that cause a range of adverse health effects.
Whether your home or building is flooded by rain, severe storms, or an internal issue like a leak or overflow, you must call RestorationMaster for flood damage restoration. We are equipped to remove standing water before it spreads any further and we will ensure that the affected area is dry and disinfected to reduce the risk of mold growth or negative health effects. Flood water requires immediate attention because giving it time to spread can result in major structural damage.
Water Damage Restoration Process
At RestorationMaster, we are committed to providing thorough and effective water damage restoration services to restore affected homes and buildings to their previous condition. Our technicians perform the following process to ensure that the job is done right:
- Inspect the area to make sure it is safe
- Locate and fix the source of the water or moisture
- Water extraction with our truck-mounted equipment
- Isolation of the affected area to prevent the damage from spreading
- Use structural drying equipment to completely dry all wet materials
- Check for mold and remove it if necessary
- Restore or repair the resulting damage to return it to its previous condition
Water damage should never be ignored so make sure you take action if you find water in your home or building in Jacksonville, FL. The longer you wait, the more likely you are to experience significant damage and possibly mold growth. You can call us 24 hours a day at (904) 559-3223 to respond to your water damage emergencies.
Answers to your Top Water Questions
Q: How quickly should I address water damage to minimize further damage?
A: It is crucial to address water damage as soon as possible to minimize further damage. Acting promptly can help prevent structural damage, mold growth, and other long-term issues. The longer water sits, the more it can seep into building materials, promote microbial growth, and cause additional deterioration. Time is of the essence in mitigating water damage to minimize its impact.
Q: What are the primary causes of water damage?
- Plumbing issues such as burst pipes, leaky faucets, or faulty water heaters.
- Severe weather events like floods, hurricanes, or heavy rainstorms.
- Roof leaks or damaged gutters.
- Appliance malfunctions, such as a malfunctioning washing machine or dishwasher.
- Foundation cracks or inadequate waterproofing.
- Sewage backups or septic system failures.
Q:How can I prevent future water damage in my home or property?
A: To prevent water damage, consider the following preventive measures:
- Regularly inspect and maintain your plumbing system, checking for leaks and addressing any issues promptly.
- Install water leak detection devices or systems that can alert you to potential leaks or bursts.
- Keep gutters and downspouts clear of debris to ensure proper drainage.
- Ensure your roof is in good condition and repair any damaged or missing shingles promptly.
- Install and maintain proper drainage systems around your property to direct water away from the foundation.
- Insulate pipes in cold weather to prevent freezing and bursting.
- Be cautious with appliances, regularly inspecting them for any signs of leaks or malfunctions.
- Consider installing a sump pump or a water alarm system in areas prone to flooding or water accumulation.
- Educate yourself and your family about water shut-off valves and how to use them in emergencies.