Every day, violent crimes and accidents happen in the U.S. Despite their common occurrence, many people do not experience either which can make it traumatizing when it does happen. The scene of an accident or violent crime normally contains biohazard materials which makes the scene dangerous for anyone without the proper training. In these scenarios, you must call law enforcement and EMT’s first, and then call a professional to clean up the scene. RestorationMaster provides trauma scene cleaning services in Jacksonville, FL to safely cleanup biohazard materials. Our technicians are trained and certified to handle all biohazard materials and we will restore the scene to a safe condition.
The scene of a violent crime or accident is very dangerous because of the presence of biohazard materials. Blood, tissues, and other bodily fluids are likely to be present at the scene and they contain bacteria, viruses, and other toxins. Handling these materials without the proper training can easily spread disease or infection. Our technicians have each been trained and certified to remove biohazard materials safely while effectively minimizing the risk of spreading disease. We use powerful disinfectants and cleaners to clean and sanitize the scene once the biohazard materials are removed. We make sure to also keep ourselves protected with the best personal protective equipment (PPE).
Trauma scene cleanup or biohazard cleanup services may be required in situations involving significant bodily fluids, biohazardous materials, or traumatic events.
Some scenarios where these specialized cleaning services are often necessary:
- Crime scenes: After a violent crime, such as a homicide or assault, the area may be contaminated with blood, bodily fluids, or other biohazardous materials. Trauma scene cleanup is needed to safely and thoroughly remove these substances, disinfect the area, and restore it to a safe and habitable condition.
- Accidents: Severe accidents, including car crashes, industrial mishaps, or other incidents resulting in significant bodily injury, can leave behind biohazardous materials. Trauma scene cleanup professionals are called to clean up and sanitize the area to eliminate health risks associated with blood, tissue, or other bodily fluids.
- Suicides or unattended deaths: When an individual dies by suicide or if a person’s death goes unnoticed for an extended period, the decomposition process can lead to the release of bodily fluids and odors. Trauma scene cleanup services are necessary to remediate the affected area, eliminate odors, and sanitize the environment.
- Infectious disease outbreaks: In cases where a property has been exposed to infectious diseases, such as MRSA, HIV, hepatitis, or other contagious illnesses, biohazard cleanup becomes crucial. Trained professionals follow specific protocols to decontaminate the area, disinfect surfaces, and prevent the spread of infection.
- Hoarding situations: In severe hoarding cases, where excessive clutter and unsanitary conditions exist, biohazard cleanup may be required. These situations often involve the removal and disposal of biohazardous waste, such as expired food, animal waste, and human waste, in addition to cleaning and sanitizing the premises.
It’s important to note that trauma scene cleanup and biohazard cleanup should be handled by trained professionals who have the necessary expertise, equipment, and knowledge of safety regulations. These professionals follow strict protocols to ensure the thorough and safe remediation of affected areas.
The trauma scene cleaning services we provide include these basic steps:
- Removal of all biohazard materials
- Thorough cleaning and sanitization of the scene
- Address any lingering odors associated with the trauma or biohazardous materials.
- Transport of biohazard materials to a licensed medical waste facility
- Work within health regulations at the local, state, and federal level
- Perform repairs, replacements, or reconstruction as needed to restore the area.
We understand that these situations are especially difficult to encounter if a friend or family member has been injured or killed. Our technicians take measures to protect your privacy and help ease the emotional burden by treating you with compassion and respect. We will arrive in unmarked vehicles and work efficiently to get the job done as quickly as possible. If the scene involves a violent crime, we will cooperate with law enforcement officials as they carry out their investigation.
You can reach us 24 hours a day at (904) 559-3223 for Trauma and Crime Scene Cleanup services in Jacksonville, FL.
Situations that involve a serious injury or death are traumatic, but you must stay composed and make the right calls. You are responsible for cleaning up a crime scene on your property so make sure you call RestorationMaster for our Biohazard cleaning services. Our technicians will safely remove all biohazard materials and restore the scene to a safe and sanitary condition.