A fire is perhaps the most devastating disaster that could happen to a home as it can destroy the building along with personal belongings and valuables in a very short period of time. Fire damage can be extensive as it not only burns structural elements and furnishings, but also includes smoke, soot, and potential water damage that will continue to spread after the fire is out. RestorationMaster provides professional smoke and fire damage restoration services to help homes and businesses in Tacoma, WA and the surrounding communities of King, Pierce, Kitsap, Thurston, and Mason counties that have been damaged by a fire. We respond within 2-4 hours of your call to stabilize your home and stop the spread of the damage.
Fire Damage Removal for Homes
Calling for fire and smoke damage restoration services immediately after the fire is out is important as waiting too long will allow the damage to spread and cause permanent damage. The heat from a fire also causes complex chemical reactions when it burns synthetic materials that release harmful chemical emissions and corrosive byproducts, even after the flames are extinguished. Soot will continue to settle and if it is not removed properly, causing permanent etching in household surfaces.
Our technicians use effective chemical combinations that remove soot damage from the following surfaces:
- Aluminum, brass, and chrome
- Porcelain, marble, and tile
- Carpeting and upholstery
Each of our technicians is trained and experienced to handle any size loss from a fire. We use the latest in cleaning technology, products, and equipment to restore your home and personal belongings that include furniture, electronics, and fine art to their original condition.
Our five-step smoke and fire damage restoration process includes the following:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning
- Content pack-out
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
In the immediate aftermath of a fire, you can take the following actions to help minimize the damage:
Restoring Fire Damage – What to Do:
- Call RestorationMaster immediately for smoke and fire damage restoration services as permanent damage will within 72 hours.
- Open the doors and windows to air out your home if the temperature is above 60 degrees.
- Clean chrome, porcelain, Formica, and aluminum surfaces to prevent permanent etching.
- If your furnace uses forced hot air, change the air filter.
- Filter loose soot from the air by taping damp cheesecloths over the return and supply registers.
- Dispose of any open food containers or packaging.
- Thoroughly clean out your refrigerator if the power is turned off.
- Clothing with smoke damage should be given to a restoration dry cleaning professional.
Fire Damage – What Not to Do:
- Do not touch anything directly with your hands because the oils in your hand can cause further damage to woodwork, upholstery, and walls.
- Do not try to wash soot from your walls because improper cleaning will make the damage worse.
- Do not try to clean carpeting or upholstery yourself.
- Do not use electrical appliances until they have been inspected for safety.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet.
Fire damage can be devastating, but reacting quickly and calling an experienced professional, such as RestorationMaster for smoke damage restoration services will limit the scope of the damage while salvaging your home and belongings. We provide free estimates for our fire damage restoration services in Tacoma, WA and work with insurance companies in the area to help coordinate the claims. You can reach us 24 hours a day at (253) 244-3355 for fire and smoke damage emergencies in Tacoma, WA and the surrounding communities.