There is nothing more frightening and traumatic than to experience a fire within your home or building. As the first step that should be taken is calling the fire department to extinguish the flames right away, the recovery process must be started immediately. This is because the soot and smoke left behind from the fire will leave a dangerous residue that will cause etching and tarnishing to their affected surfaces.
If not treated right away, the damage will spread and even become permanent. This is why ServiceMaster of St. Louis is available to provide fire and smoke damage restoration services in the St. Louis, MO area. Our specialists will arrive within 2 hours of your first call and start the restoration process right away. With our services, you can look forward to a newly improved property that will look just as it did before it was damaged.
Fire Damage Restoration Services
We understand that experiencing a fire related loss can be traumatic. However, ServiceMaster of St Louis is the best restoration company with qualified technicians to restore your home or business. We have helped people through the fire damage cleanup process countless times. There are complex chemical reactions and hidden fire damage that are best restored with advanced products, equipment, and expert methods. For best results, you can count on our fire restoration professionals to restore all affected surfaces from severe damage.
Our professional products will remove fire and smoke damage from all of the following surfaces:
Some fires require that your contents and furnishings be inventoried, packed and safely transported to our secure, climate-controlled location. Here they will be cleaned, deodorized, and restored until the structural fire and smoke restoration process on your property is complete. ServiceMaster of St. Louis will also work with your insurance provider during the claims process while you focus on other matters.
Fire Damage Repair – What to Do
- Call ServiceMaster of St. Louis right away to prevent the damage from spreading and remove all smoke and soot residue from the affected surfaces.
- Throw out any open food containers from the pantry, cabinets, refrigerator, freezer, etc.
- Replace the HVAC filter.
- Place two layers of damp cheesecloth over the supply and return registers to prevent any floating soot particles from further damaging the affected surfaces.
- Clean out the refrigerator as long as the power is turned off.
- Open all windows and doors to allow the property to air out.
- Wipe down any plant leaves of any loose soot.
Fire Restoration – What NOT to Do:
- Do not use any electrical appliances without getting clearance from a licensed electrician.
- Do not clean any carpeting or upholstery yourself.
- Do not clean any hard surfaces until the restoration technicians arrive.
- Do not touch anything with bare hands as the oil can further damage the affected surfaces.
- Do not use any ceiling fixtures if the ceiling and upper walls are wet.
You can expect the following in our smoke and fire damage cleanup services:
- Emergency pre-cleaning and containment of the damage
- Pack-out services (if needed)
- Content cleaning
- Complete cleaning of all building materials using advanced products and equipment
- Transportation of content back to property
If you need fire and smoke damage restoration services in the St. Louis, MO area, call ServiceMaster of St. Louis immediately at (636)492-3030.