No homeowner or business owner wants to think about a fire happening on their property. Fires can cause devastating damage very quickly while putting your life in immediate danger. It is important to evacuate the building and call the fire department to put out the fire, and you cannot hesitate to call a restoration professional. Corrosive byproducts like smoke and soot will continue to spread after the fire is out and the damage they cause can become permanent without quick cleaning and restoration.
At RestorationMaster, we provide complete fire damage restoration services in Perris, CA to help homes and businesses that were damaged by a fire. We will handle every aspect of the restoration from structural repairs to cleaning smoke and soot to fully restore your property.
Damage from Fire and Smoke
The damage caused by fire and smoke is often extensive and multi-layered. First, the flames of the fire will burn through everything in their path, and they can leave the structural core of a home or building heavily damaged and unstable. As materials are burned in the fire, corrosive byproducts like smoke and soot are created and they will spread and cause tarnishing and etching to affected surfaces and materials. Even after the fire is out, these corrosive byproducts will continue to spread and cause damage in areas the fire didn’t reach, and the damage they cause can become permanent without specialized cleaning.
The other major problem caused by a fire is lingering smoke odor. Smoke odor is quite potent, and it hangs around because the odor particles can become trapped in porous building materials and furnishings. The only way to get rid of smoke odors is with professional deodorization methods.
Our professionals provide complete fire damage restoration services including the repair of structural damage and restoration of smoke and soot damage. We start by stabilizing structural damage and pre-cleaning materials affected by smoke and soot to limit the spread of the damage. Our technicians are highly trained and equipped to provide fire damage restoration no matter the extent of the damage using advanced equipment and cleaning products.
Our fire damage restoration process consists of the following four steps:
- Step 1 – Emergency Pre-Cleaning: We are available 24 hours a day to provide fire damage restoration and arrive within 2 to 4 hours of your call. We will first pre-clean surfaces and materials damaged by smoke and soot to help prevent permanent damage.
- Step 2 – Restoration and Repair: Our technicians can restore and repair structural damage caused by the fire and we can clean damaged areas and materials to restore them to their original condition.
- Step 3 – Content Cleaning and Pack-Outs: We will clean, restore, and deodorize your personal belongings that have been damaged and we can provide pack-out services to restore them at our facility if necessary.
- Step 4 – Deodorization: We use advanced deodorization processes to remove lingering smoke odors.
Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
Commercial property fires can be devastating for a business because they can cause damage to the property, equipment, and inventory and interrupt business operations. Our technicians work diligently to restore commercial properties affected by a fire to minimize your down time and get your business back on track.
How to Respond to Fire Damage
If your home or business is affected by a fire, you need to take the right actions in the immediate aftermath to avoid additional damage. Make sure you take these steps after a fire:
- Call our professionals for fire damage restoration as soon as the fire is out
- Open doors and windows to air out the property if weather permits
- If you have a forced air furnace, change the filter
- Wipe off chrome, aluminum, Formica, and porcelain surfaces
- Put a damp cheesecloth over all return and supply vents to filter loose soot from the air
- Throw away exposed food and clean out your refrigerator
- Save smoke damaged clothing for specialized dry cleaning
You must avoid the following actions in the aftermath of a fire:
- Do not touch items damaged by soot because the oils in your hands can make the damage worse
- Do not try to wash soot damage yourself because improper cleaning will worsen the damage
- Do not use electrical appliances or ceiling fixtures until they have been inspected for safety
- Do not try to clean soot from carpeting or upholstery
Call RestorationMaster for Fire Damage Restoration
If your property is affected by a fire, it is important to call our professionals for fire damage restoration as soon as possible. We will immediately take steps to stop the spread of the damage and fully restore your property to its pre-fire state. You can call us 24 hours a day at (888) 915-7197 for emergency fire damage restoration in Perris, CA.