Not all damage within a home or building is physical damage. Foul odors can persist indoors for a long period of time and the unpleasantness of these odors can make it difficult to be in the building. Unpleasant odors can come from many sources including smoke from a fire, water damage, mold, pets, and cigarette smoke to name a few. These odors can linger for so long indoors because the odor particles get absorbed and trapped in porous building materials and furnishings. Simply covering the smell with fragrances will not get rid of the odor.
ServiceMaster of Bux-Mont can rid your property of foul odors with our odor removal services in Perkasie, PA. Our advanced odor removal methods will extract the odor particles from affected materials and airspaces to completely remove the odor from your property.
Persistent Foul Odors
Odor particles have the ability to spread and linger in air spaces and penetrate porous materials like wood, drywall, and furnishings. When these odor particles get absorbed, they become trapped, causing the smell to linger. This is why odors are so difficult to get rid of and why using air fresheners is ineffective for removing the odor. In order for the odor to be completely removed, the odor particles have to be extracted from the affected materials and air spaces. The source of the odor must also be identified and corrected to prevent the smell from worsening or coming back.
Our technicians at ServiceMaster of Bux-Mont are properly trained and equipped to extract odor particles as well as find and treat the source. We can treat the following materials affected by unpleasant odors:
- Furniture upholstery
- Air spaces
Sources of Odors
Odors in your home or building can come from many sources. The following are the most common sources of persistent foul odors:
- Flooding/ Water Damage: Excess water and flooding in your home can produce a musty smell, especially if the water is dirty or if there is mold growth involved.
- Fire and Smoke: If there was a fire in your home, the odor of smoke and burnt materials may still linger long after the fire.
- Pets: The natural smell of pets and their “accidents” can create an unpleasant odor in your home.
- Cigarettes: The smell of cigarette smoke clings to everything including your clothing, furniture, and carpeting.
- Biological Materials: Biological materials like mold, blood, and other similar substances can leave an unpleasant smell.
Our technicians use advanced equipment and deodorization methods to extract odor particles and leave your home or building odor free. We use absorption technology, ozone treatments, and hydroxyl treatments to remove odors from furnishings, building materials, and air spaces. Our deodorization process consists of the following steps:
- Identification and treatment of the source of the odor
- Extraction of the odor particles from affected materials
- Air washing
- Final inspection to ensure complete odor removal
You do not have to live with a foul odor lingering in your home in Perkasie, PA. If an unpleasant smell is bothering you, contact ServiceMaster of Bux-Mont for our professional odor removal services. You can reach us at (267) 291-0808 for deodorization services.