Water is the cause of more cases of property damage than anything else. Your home or building can be affected by excess water as a result of wet weather conditions like heavy rain and flooding, or problems inside the building like plumbing leaks, overflows, burst pipes, or sewage backups. Water damage is dangerous because the water can spread deep into porous building materials which will result in major damage and possibly mold growth.
RestorationMaster provides water and flood damage restoration services in Hattiesburg, MS to stop the spread of the water and restore the resulting damage. We can thoroughly remove standing water and moisture from the affected areas with our state-of-the-art water extraction and drying equipment.
Damage Caused by Water and Floods
Homes and commercial buildings consist of many building materials that are absorbent including flooring, drywall, wood, insulation, and others. These materials allow water to pass through them, and as a result, they may become warped, swollen, discolored, or weakened, which can lead to extensive structural damage.
Water damage also leads to mold growth in most cases because mold tends to grow in environments with a lot of moisture. Mold not only adds to the damage, but also introduces the risk of negative health effects. It is best to react to water damage immediately to prevent the excess water from spreading too far into the home or building.
Our expert technicians at RestorationMaster are experienced in dealing with water damage and we can remove excess water in any scenario from leaks to major floods. Once we remove the bulk of the water with our water extraction equipment, we set up air movers and dehumidifiers throughout the affected area to remove the remaining excess moisture. Our technicians will then cleanup and restore the damaged area.
Our water and flood damage cleanup services include the following steps:
- Emergency Response: We provide 24-hour emergency response to help stop the spread of water on your property. Our technicians will then evaluate the damage and begin the restoration process.
- Water Extraction and Drying: Our water extraction equipment can remove standing flood water and our drying and dehumidification equipment will extract moisture from furnishings and wet building materials.
- Reinstallation and Cleaning: We will thoroughly clean the area once the water is removed and we may temporarily move large objects to make sure the area is completely cleaned. Any objects that are moved will be put back in their places.
- Structural Repairs: We can rebuild structural damage caused by the excess water.
What to Do if You have Water Damage
- Contact RestorationMaster as soon as possible after discovering the damage.
- Remove water by mopping or blot drying.
- Wipe excess water from your furniture and place aluminum foil under the legs to protect the flooring.
- Keep water damaged books on their shelves to prevent warping, we can treat them with a specialized drying process.
- Put delicate items and valuables in a safe, dry location.
What NOT to Do After Flood Damage
- Do not walk into a room that is flooded if the power is still on.
- Do not lay down newspaper over the wet floor.
- Do not remove permanent carpeting or flooring.
- Do not try to clean up mold growth.
It is very important that you react to water damage in your home or business immediately to prevent serious repercussions. Even if water damage starts out small, you are still at risk of experiencing mold growth or serious structural damage.
Contact RestorationMaster to respond to your water damage issues in Hattiesburg, MS with advanced equipment and restoration methods. We are available 24 hours a day at (601)651-4022 to respond to your water damage emergencies.