Water Damage Related Info
While water damage is very common in homes and buildings, due to all of the possible sources, it can also cause a severe amount of damage to your building materials and content. It can even go unnoticed long periods of time as it may have been hidden behind the walls or in crawlspaces.
However, as soon as you do notice it, it is very important to call RestorationMaster in the Tigard, OR are for professional water damage restoration services. Not only will our technicians arrive right away, but they will inspect the damaged area for any mold growth that might have developed over time. Within our services, we will first remove the source, extract all excess water, and set up advanced drying equipment to accelerate the restoration process. We will also work with your insurance to allow you to focus on other matters during this time.
Damages Caused by Water
There are numerous sources that can cause severe water damage or even flooding. They can include all of the following: broken pipe, sewer backup, natural and man-made flooding, heavy rainstorms, burst pipes, dishwasher, water heater, or washing machine leak, and more. While they can cause severe damage to a property structure, some materials will be affected quicker than others.
All surfaces that are porous, meaning those that contain small holes, will soak in the water like a sponge. They include, but are not limited to the following: wood, particleboard, drywall, insulation, and paint. As soon as these materials have been damage, treatment must be applied right away in order to be able to restore them effectively.
For surfaces that are non-porous, such as stone, tile, rubber, concrete, etc. the damage is not as severe. However, in any flooding or water damage, treatment is still essential as the water will spread to cause permanent damage.
Our water damage cleaning services provide all of the following procedures:
- Open and clear communication: Our technicians are available 24/7 to take your call, answering any questions you may have along the way. You can also refer to our water damage FAQ for additional information.
- Working with Insurance: If you have decided to file a claim, we will work with your agent and adjustor through the process. From determining salvageable items to handling the claims process, we will keep them updated throughout the service.
- Use of Advanced Equipment At RestorationMaster, we only use the most advanced technology and restoration methods. Because we treat each water damage case as an emergency, we take our jobs seriously when providing effective services.
- IICRC Compliance: Each of our technicians have been IICRC-certified to know exactly how to proceed in a water damage emergency. They know how to limit as much damage as possible while working efficiently to restore all building materials.
If you have found water damage on your property, you can take these following steps:
- Call RestorationMaster right away for immediate water damage restoration.
- Turn on the overhead fan or air conditioner to allow extra air flow throughout the property.
- Prop up all wet sofa cushions.
- Remove any content from wet floors.
- Mop up as much water as you can.
If you want to start the water extraction yourself, be sure to avoid the following:
- Do not use a vacuum to extract excess water.
- Do not disturb any visible mold.
- Do not enter any room with severe electrical structural damage.
- Do not operate any appliances that have been damaged by water.
As mentioned before, although water damage is common, it can be very destructive within a home or building. It can also create the perfect conditions for mold to develop and grow.
That is why it is important to call RestorationMaster at (503)376-6666 in the Tigard, OR area for 24/7 emergency water damage restoration and flood cleanup services. We will arrive right away to begin the extraction and drying process.