Water Damage Related Info
Water damage is one of the most common types of damage that is withstood by homes and buildings. This is because it can be derived from numerous sources, including burst pipes, sewer backups, flooding, heavy rainstorms, and more. While some types of water damages are more significant than others, all types must be treated right away. Once the building materials have become wet, the water can spread through the pores such as in drywall or paint. This is not to mention the fact that the water contains bacteria, allowing the potential for mold growth to occur in the future. However, RestorationMaster has advanced equipment guaranteed to extract the water from the affected area while removing excess moisture within the room.
While a small amount of water is easy to clean up, larger amounts that are left untreated will begin to deteriorate their affected surfaces. Porous materials, including sheetrock (drywall), insulation, fabrics, subfloors, carpeting etc. are especially prone to damage. They can cause discoloration, cracks, and deterioration over time if they are not treated properly. In addition, these conditions create the perfect breeding ground for mold and other types of bacteria to start growing. Be sure to exercise extreme caution in these cases as these dangerous fungi can disperse their spores if disturbed, causing negative health effects for you and your family.
Water Damage Repair
Our technicians at RestorationMaster are highly trained to handle emergency flooding. Your property will first be inspected for all areas that have been affected by water damage, in addition to identifying areas that are at high risk for mold growth. Then, through using advanced equipment and techniques, they will effectively remove all standing water while using a high-velocity air mover to dry the affected area. Finally, they will perform a deodorization process to remove any lingering odors caused by the water. Whether extracting water in the amount of a puddle or pond in your home, we guarantee your satisfaction on a job well done the first time.
Our water extraction process includes the following:
- Complete inspection – source identification
- Water extraction
- Building materials and furnishings evaluation
- Deodorization and application of anti-microbials
- High velocity air moving
- Assistance with insurance claims
Water Damage Cleanup – What to Do
- Call us right away as the damage will spread quickly
- Remove as much water as you can yourself until the team of technicians arrive
- Place wet area rugs on coat hanger to dry as well as any other items that are NOT attached to the floor.
- Remove any draperies from the floor and hang them to dry.
- Wipe down any couches, tables, and chairs that have been damaged. Prop up any pillows.
- Place wet, damaged items in a dry, safe location in the house.
- Pack all books tight in a bookshelf until the technicians can begin the drying process.
- Leave open any cabinets, doors, and drawers to allow for proper ventilation.
Water Mitigation – What NOT to Do
- Do not enter any room with standing water until all electricity has been properly turned off.
- Do not try to vacuum up any water.
- Do not clean any mold yourself as it can disperse its spores and spread additional damage.
- Do not use any machinery on any furnishings.
- Do not try to remove anything that is already tacked down to the floor until the water extraction specialists arrive.
RestorationMaster provides water damage restoration services in both commercial and residential settings. Our technicians undergo frequent training to use advanced products and equipment necessary to remove all water damage from your property. If yours has been affected, it is important to call us right away to avoid the damage from spreading. We are available 24/7 at 888-915-8868 for all water damage and flooding emergencies in Lincoln City, OR and the surrounding areas.