Water Damage Related Info
While it is common to experience water damage as it can be derived from many sources. Whether caused by leaking pipes, blocked gutters, or a malfunctioning water heater, some cases of water damage will only result in a small puddle and can be cleaned easily. In other cases, flooding can occur from pipe bursts, rainstorms, and sewage backup. As many building materials within the home are porous, such as wood, insulation, and drywall, they are at risk for not only additional water damage, but mold growth.
ServiceMaster Restore is proud to provide water damage cleanup services in the Hillsboro, OR area. Our technicians understand that this destruction must be treated quickly in order to limit the scope of damage.
As excess water and moisture can quickly spread throughout the home, all structural materials are at risk for the growth of mold and mildew. It can even damage any household items including furniture, wall hangings, and precious antiques. While it is difficult to determine how far the water has penetrated into the affected surfaces, it is mandatory to call ServiceMaster Restore for immediate water restoration services. In addition to their ongoing training, they have years of experience in restoring homes and buildings using advanced products and equipment.
Our water extraction process includes the following:
Full Communication and Quick Response Times: As we are available 24/7 to take your call, we guarantee our arrival to your property within two hours in order to prevent additional water damage. The drying process is first explained to you before we begin any work, engaging in open communication to answer any questions you may have throughout the process.
Complete Assessment of the Damage: ServiceMaster Restore will inspect the damage of the entire area in order to develop the most effective and efficient restoration plan. We will then present this to you for your approval before it is implemented.
Using Commercial Equipment for the Drying Process: As we use advanced products, equipment, and methods in the industry, we guarantee the complete removal of water from the affected surfaces. We will then apply moisture testing equipment to ensure they are dry at the end of the process.
Restoration and Cleaning: Once all of the standing water has been extracted, all of the damaged materials will be restored and cleaned.
Additional Drying: All of the remaining moisture will be removed from the building materials, content, and air spaces in your home or building. This is to prevent the risk of mold and mildew growth.
Sewage Backup Cleaning
In many cases the flood water in your home may be clean, including rain and water from the pipes; however, in others, the water can contain particles that are dangerous to your health. Water damage caused by a sewage backup is especially dangerous, causing the most damage to your building materials and content. They can also produce foul odors, spreading throughout the entire property. However, our specialists will use advanced equipment and chemicals in order quickly and effectively remove all sewage water from your property. It will then be cleaned, sanitized, and restored to its previous condition.
Water Extraction – What to Do
- Contact ServiceMaster Restore’s water damage restoration professionals as soon as possible to prevent the risk of mold growth.
- Try to remove as much water as you can through blot drying and mopping.
- Remove all area rugs from the flood and hang to dry. Do not try to remove any carpeting or rugs that are attached to the floor.
- Pick up any draperies from the floor and hang them on a coat hanger to dry.
- Wipe down any furniture, propping up any couch cushions in addition to placing a piece of tin foil between the furniture legs and floor.
- Place any photos, sculptures, or paintings in a high, dry area to protect them from additional damage.
- Do not take out any books from the shelf. Instead, pack them tightly in order to preserve the pages until our technicians arrive to begin the drying process.
- Open any closet doors, drawers, and cabinets to allow for better ventilation.
- Do not enter any room with standing water until the electricity has been completely turned off.
- Do not use a vacuum hose or shop vac to remove the standing water.
- Do not disturb any visible mold as it may release its spores and spread the damage.
- Do not use any machinery on any wet floor or carpeting.
- Do not attempt to remove any carpeting that is tacked down to the floor until the flood cleanup professionals have arrived.
In order to completely restore and prevent additional damage in the future, it is imperative to call ServiceMaster Restore right away. Our technicians will arrive quickly, working efficiently in order to limit the spread of the damage and return your home to its original condition.
If you have experienced flooding or any sort of water damage on your property, do not hesitate to call ServiceMaster Restore at (503)376-6666 for water damage restoration services in the Hillsboro, OR area.