Water Damage Related Info
As many property owners are aware, water damage, regardless of the extent, is something that must be dealt with swiftly. If it is not, then your home or business is at risk for things like structural damage, mold and bacterial growth, pest infestation, and more.
Here at RestorationMaster, we work hard to ensure that you receive quality water damage restoration services in order to minimize the negative consequences of water damage. We also work with insurance to make the claims process run smoother for you during this stressful time. With our services, you can expect to return to your home or building that provides a safe environment for you and your family or staff in a timely manner.
Emergency Response to Water Damage Cleanup
There are many causes of moderate to extreme water damage in Gresham, OR, and our expert technicians are experienced with them all. Whether you require our services due to external factors (such as severe storms or flooding), or internal issues (such as burst pipes, leaking appliances, or sewage backup), we can arrive on-site within two hours of your call.
When you call RestorationMaster, you will receive premier water damage restoration services that cannot be found elsewhere. Our procedures are guaranteed to mitigate the risks caused by excess water damage, and will leave you or your business with greater peace of mind.
The components of our water damage restoration process are as follows:
- Quick Response and Open Communication: As we stated before, when it comes to water damage, time is of the essence. We can arrive on-site within two hours of your call to begin our damage assessment. We will inform you about our restoration process in more detail once we arrive, and keep you updated throughout the process.
- Complete Inspection of the Affected Area(s): We will perform an in-depth analysis of the situation based upon the extent of the water damage, as well as the specifics of your affected area(s). We will then develop a plan of action, and seek your approval before beginning our water removal, drying, and clean up and restoration efforts.
- Water Removal and Drying with Commercial Equipment: Our technicians have state of the art water removal and area drying equipment at their disposal. We will take the appropriate steps to successfully extract water and moisture from affected areas, as well as dry and dehumidify affected materials (including furnishings and other surfaces).
- Clean Up and Restoration: Once water and moisture have been removed from the area, our experts will work to fully clean and restore the location.
- *Concentration on Drying: One of the trickier aspects of water removal is how quickly moisture can spread and damage seemingly unaffected areas. Our experienced technicians understand this, and go the extra mile to remove moisture from structural elements, furnishings, and air spaces throughout your property.
Water Damage Mitigation Tips
While we encourage you to contact our experts in times of need, we would still like to leave you with advice on how you can prevent excess water damage to your property and possessions. This can be done if water damage is minimal (though we recommend bringing out an expert to examine the full extent of the damage), or if you would like to be proactive while you wait for help to arrive.
- Remove as much water as possible through mopping or “blotting”.
- Hang up area rugs and other loose floor coverings. Do not attempt to remove set carpet or flooring.
- Place smaller possessions in high and dry areas.
- Prop up wet cushions and pillows, and place tin foil under the legs of your furniture to separate them from water and moisture.
- Open cabinets and drawers to allow increased air circulation.
- *Do not enter areas with standing water, as electric, bacterial, and other hazards may be present!
If you have any questions about our water damage restoration services here at RestorationMaster, or need us to come out and inspect your property in the Gresham, OR, area, then contact our representatives at (503)376-6666. We are available 24 hours a day.