It is quite common for the furniture in your home or office to become damaged in a natural disaster such as a fire, flood, or storm and it is important to take immediate action in these situations to help recover from the damage. You should call the right professionals to secure your home or building if it has been heavily damaged and if your furniture has been affected, it can be repaired or restored with specialized furniture repair services. Furniture Medic by Bob Llorente provides disaster restoration services in League City, TX to repair furniture that has been affected by a natural disaster or vandalism in homes and businesses. We can restore any type of furniture that has sustained damage from fire, water, or smoke including wooden furniture, cabinets, doors, and hardwood floors.
Why Disaster Furniture Restoration
The damage that is caused by water, fire, and smoke can have a drastic effect on your furniture but the experts of Furniture Medic by Bob Llorente can restore this damage and salvage your furniture with our advanced techniques. Most furniture is a major investment and our goal is to salvage your furniture, regardless of the severity of the damage, to save you the money and hassle it would take to replace the damaged furniture. We will send one of our technicians to your home or office for an on-site assessment to determine if your damaged furniture can be salvaged.
Disaster Furniture Repair and Restoration
Our disaster furniture restoration services can cover the following types of furniture that have sustained damage from water, fire, smoke, or vandalism:
- Millwork, paneling, doors, and banisters
- Antiques and heirlooms
- Specialty items
- Chipped granite and marble
We take a different approach to disaster furniture restoration depending on the nature of the damage. The following are our basic repair and restoration steps for each type of damage:
- We can remove charring and other burn marks as well as rebuild the piece of necessary.
- We will make sure that cabinets, doors, and face frames are color matched and restored.
- We can repair damage resulting from vandalism including scratches, gouges, dents, and structural repairs.
- “White clouds” that result from moisture accumulation under the finish can be removed.
- We will strip the finish if it has begun to separate from the wood and refinish the entire piece.
- Delamination, splitting, and cracking are common symptoms of water damage that our technicians can fix.
- If the composite materials have swelled to ruin the veneer, we can reapply it.
- We can cover water marks with staining so that it blends in with the color of the furniture.
Our complete disaster furniture restoration services include the following:
- Validation for inspections and claims
- Structural furniture repair
- Structural cabinet repair
- Cabinet restoration and refinishing
- Cabinet refacing
- On-site precision furniture repair
- Wood color blending
- Furniture repair and stabilization
- Furniture refinishing, polishing, and restoration
- Watermark removal
- Repair and restoration of damage from smoke, water, fire, or vandalism
- Cleaning and restoration of furniture damaged by water
If you have just experienced a natural disaster in your home in which your furniture has been affected, make sure you take the right actions to get your home restored and hold your damaged furniture for the experts of Furniture Medic by Bob Llorente. We have the skills and tools to restore furniture damaged by water, fire, smoke, or vandalism. You can reach us at (409) 356-4553 for more information about our disaster furniture restoration services.