ServiceMaster of Gresham
Fire Damage Related Info
Fires are a major threat to the current and future structural security of a home. Once everybody has been safely evacuated from the premises, and the fire has been taken care of, it is vital that you pursue fire damage restoration efforts as soon as possible. Not only will the fire itself have likely caused more than superficial damage, but the smoke and soot from the blaze, in addition to corrosive byproducts from burnt synthetic materials, can continue to settle and harm your home or business.
Our experienced professionals here at ServiceMaster of Gresham have the knowledge and equipment necessary to mitigate these risks and restore your property in the Gresham, OR, area to its former glory.
Damages Caused by Fire and Smoke
One of the most noticeable outcomes of a fire is the soot left behind. While the fire itself may not have reached a large portion of your property, this soot from smoke and chemical emissions can cause corrosion, and damage seemingly unaffected structural elements of your home or business. Our technicians target these areas and more in order to secure your entire premises in the short and long term basis. When you contact ServiceMaster of Gresham for your fire damage restoration efforts, you will receive the following:
- Swift Response and Open Communication: Our specialists can arrive on-site within two hours of your call to begin the work. We will inform you as to how we will proceed once we have assessed the situation.
- Complete Inspection of Fire and Smoke Damage: Our technicians are highly trained and experienced in fire damage restoration services. We know what to look for, and understand how harmful soot spreads. We will use this knowledge to develop an effective plan of attack.
- Tarping, Clean Up, and Restoration: One of the first steps our technicians will take is to tarp off affected areas. This will reduce the spread of harmful byproducts, and secure the premises. Next, we will utilize commercial cleaning products and equipment to remove soot and chemicals from your property, and ultimately restore your home or business to its original condition.
If your personal belongings are damaged by the fire or smoke, our specialists will do what they can to clean and restore them with our pack-out service. This means that we will pack your belongings, ship them to one of our climate-controlled facilities, clean, restore, and deodorize your items, and then hold them until your home or business is fully restored.
How You Can Be Proactive
Assuming the site is safe after the blaze, there are steps you can take to aid in fire restoration before our experts arrive:
- First and foremost, be sure to call ServiceMaster of Gresham for professional fire damage restoration services.
- Air out the building as much as possible, if the temperature is greater than 60° Fahrenheit, to remove standing smoke and odors.
- Do what you can to clean materials such as Formica, chrome, aluminum, and porcelain.
- Change the air filter in your furnace if it is currently using hot air.
- Cover return and supply registers with a damp cheesecloth to trap loose soot.
- Dispose of open food containers.
- Assuming your electricity is off, empty and clean your refrigerator and leave the doors open.
- Deliver clothes that are damaged from smoke and soot to a professional that provides restoration dry cleaning.
Fire Cleaning – DO NOT do any of the following:
- Touch anything with your bare hands (this is for your safety, and to avoid damaging your belongings further).
- Attempt to wash your walls, as this can rub in soot if done improperly.
- Attempt to restore carpets or furniture, as this needs to be done properly by professionals.
- Use any electrical appliances until they have been checked by professionals.
- Use any ceiling fixtures that are or were wet from putting out the fire.
For premier fire damage restoration services in the Gresham, OR, area, contact our representatives at (503)376-6666. We are available 24 hours a day to take your call, and are happy to answer any of your questions.