The sight of mold growth can be very frustrating as it leads to property damage and discoloration of the affected surfaces, but it can also cause negative health effects including allergies and infection. For the protection of your health and your property, you must call a certified professional to safely and effectively remove the mold. RestorationMaster provides mold remediation services to remove mold contaminations from homes and businesses in Merced, CA. It is important to have our professionals remove the mold growth because doing so improperly will cause the mold to disperse its spores and spread further throughout the home.
What Causes Mold?
Mold is often found in moist, dark environments and it requires an organic food source and a moisture source to grow. It spreads throughout a home or building by releasing its spores in the air and until it is removed by a remediation professional, it will continue to spread. You should keep the following in mind concerning mold growth:
- Mold growth can happen within 48 hours of water damage or an increase in moisture.
- Flooding, slow leaks, broken pipes, or high humidity can create conditions in which mold can thrive.
- Cellulose, which is found in wood and drywall, is a common organic food source for mold.
The best action you can take against mold is preventing it from growing in the first place. The following tips can help you effectively prevent mold in your home:
- Keep indoor humidity between 30 and 50 percent and measure regularly with a humidity meter.
- Dry off surfaces that are wet from condensation.
- Keep your kitchen and bathroom well ventilated.
- Lower the humidity in your home with a dehumidifier or air conditioning
- Fix areas where you have noticed moisture or condensation.
- Use mold resistant materials and products in your home.
Mold Removal from RestorationMaster
Each of our technicians are fully prepared with the right equipment and certification to remove mold from any type of setting. We start by isolating the mold to prevent it from spreading any further and then thoroughly remove all mold growth using advanced cleaning products and equipment. Mold can eventually cause irreversible damage to the affected surfaces if it is not removed as well as cause a musty odor. We will make sure the odor has been removed and take actions to prevent future mold growth.
If you discover mold in your home or building in Merced, CA, make sure you call RestorationMaster to have our professionals provide mold remediation services. We will immediately isolate the mold contamination to prevent it from spreading and make sure that all mold growth is completely removed. You can reach us 24 hours a day at 888-915-8868 for mold remediation in Merced, CA 95340 area.