Fire Damage Related Info
A home or building can experience a fire at any time as there are numerous potential causes. When they do occur, they cause severe damage, not to mention putting you and your family at risk. The fire itself is not the main source of damage; soot, smoke, and corrosive byproducts from burnt synthetic materials are responsible for the majority of the damage. They can also cause the damage to spread even after the fire has been extinguished.
RestorationMaster provides fire and smoke damage restoration services in Vancouver, WA to clean and repair homes and businesses that have been affected by a fire. Our experts are trained and equipped to handle fire and smoke damage, immediately confining the damage upon arrival to prevent it from spreading.
Fire and Soot Damage Cleaning
Extinguishing the fire may end the immediate danger to your safety, but it will not stop the spread of the damage. Soot, chemical emissions, and other corrosive byproducts are still present in the aftermath of a fire. They can also easily spread to areas that the fire itself did not affect to cause tarnishing and etching on various surfaces. This can result in permanent damage to the affected surfaces, unless they can be quickly cleaned and restored.
The technicians of RestorationMaster begin by ensuring your home or building is secured with our tarping services. We then work to clean and repair the damage to the structural elements, furnishings, and personal content caused by the fire or soot. We use advanced cleaning products and chemical combinations that are effective for removing tarnishing and etching caused by soot and chemical emissions.
Content Cleaning and Pack-Outs
The damage from a house fire is so pervasive that it often affects household items. All types of personal belongings are vulnerable to damage from the fire, smoke, or soot, causing irreversible damage. We also provide content cleaning and pack-outs as part of our fire damage restoration services to clean and restore your personal items before they become permanently damaged. We will pack your content, record each item on an inventory list, which is provided to you, and deliver your items to our facility for cleaning and storage.
Cleanup from Fire Damage
As mentioned above, smoke is responsible for the majority of damage in a fire as it can become absorbed in porous building materials. This can include wood and drywall, causing damage in the form of soot and residue. Smoke residue is produced when synthetic materials are burned. This oily residue is corrosive and causes additional damage to the affected surfaces.
Our cleaning products are among the best in the industry; therefore, we effectively remove damage caused by soot and smoke residue from any surface. We also provide odor removal services to remove unpleasant odors caused by the fire or smoke.
The damage from a fire will continue to spread even after it has been extinguished. This is why it is important to call RestorationMaster as soon as possible for fire restoration services. We will arrive quickly in order to stabilize your home and begin the restoration to prevent permanent damage.
Fire Damage Repair – What to Do
- As corrosive byproducts can cause irreversible damage in as little as 72 hours, call for professional help right away.
- Remove any damaged clothing and take to the dry cleaners for proper restoration and cleaning.
- As long as the electricity is turned off, remove all food from the refrigerator, cleaning thoroughly while leaving the door open.
- Throw away any open food packages
- Attach damp cheesecloth to returns and supply registers to trap any loose soot from the air.
- Change the HVAC filter if it uses any hot air.
- Remove any soot or smoke damage from the following materials as soon as possible: Formica, chrome, porcelain, or aluminum. This will prevent tarnishing and etching.
- If the temperature is measured to be above 60 degrees Farenheit, ventilate the house as much as possible.
Fire Damage Restoration – What to Avoid
- Do not touch any affected materials with your bare hands as the oil from human hands can cause further damage to any upholstery, walls, and woodwork.
- Do not attempt to wash any walls as any improper cleaning procedures can rub in the soot residue.
- Do not try to clean any carpets or upholstery items yourself. Wait for the fire damage technicians to arrive.
- Avoid using any electrical machinery until they are deemed safe by the technicians.
- Do not use any ceiling fixtures if the building materials are damp.
We are available 24 hours a day at (360) 450-3505 to respond to fire damage emergencies in Vancouver, WA and the surrounding areas of Camas, Brush Prairie, and Battleground.