Water damage within a home or building can be caused by a number of factors such as leaks or flooding and if such damage should occur, ServiceMaster Professional Services provides water damage repair and flood cleanup for Woodbury, MN and the surrounding communities. Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond quickly to water damage restoration calls because we consider water damage to be an emergency situation. Make sure to contact us immediately for prompt water damage repair services because the longer you wait, the more money you could lose from increasing damage claims.
In order to provide the highest level of flood cleanup and protection for your property and personal belongings, the technicians of ServiceMaster Professional Services use the industry’s most advanced products, procedures, and equipment.
What to do after water damage
Your first priority after sustaining water damage should be to contact ServiceMaster Professional Services to help limit losses and contain the damage. As you await the arrival of our technicians, you can begin the restoration process be performing the following actions:
- Soak up excess water by mopping and blot drying.
- Remove wet area rugs and floor coverings.
- Lift draperies off the floor and hang them on the drapery rod with a coat hanger.
- Wipe off wet furniture, prop up the cushions so they dry evenly, and put aluminum foil under the furniture legs.
- Put all photos and paintings in a safe, dry location.
- Open drawers as well as closet and cabinet doors to aid in drying.
What NOT to do after water damage
- Do not walk into a room with standing water until the power is turned off.
- Do not remove excess water with a vacuum cleaner.
- Do not remove permanent carpeting without professional assistance.
- Do not use electrical appliances on a wet floor.
- Do not tamper with mold growth.
- Do not remove books from the shelf, keep them packed together tightly to prevent the pages from warping.
Our water damage restoration process includes:
- Inspection and assessment
- Water removal
- Anti-microbial application
- Drying: Air movement
- Drying: Dehumidifying
- Drying: Monitoring
If your home or business in Woodbury, MN has sustained water damage, do not hesitate to contact ServiceMaster Professional Services at 888-583-5345 immediately for water damage repair and flood cleanup services. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond to water damage emergencies.