Fires can cause severe damage to a home in an instant and if the proper action is not taken immediately, much of the smoke and fire damage can become permanent. ServiceMaster Professional Services provides fire damage and smoke damage restoration services to homes and businesses in Willmar, MN that have been damaged in a fire. We can help salvage property and personal items by completely restoring smoke and fire damage.
ServiceMaster Professional Services has a highly trained staff that performs smoke and fire damage cleanup with an understanding of chemical combinations that can remove soot and smoke damage from many surfaces. Our staff can remove soot safely from such at-risk surfaces as brass, aluminum, chrome, marble, tile, porcelain, and fabrics such as carpets and upholstery.
What to do after smoke damage
- Call us immediately for fire damage and smoke cleanup because corrosive byproducts may cause damage to become permanent within 72 hours.
- Eliminate smoke odor by airing out your home if the temperature is above 60 degrees.
- Prevent permanent etching by cleaning Formica, chrome, porcelain, and aluminum surfaces.
- If your furnace pushes forced hot air, change the filter.
- Cover returns and supply registers with a damp cheesecloth to filter soot from the air.
- Throw away open food packages.
- Clean out the refrigerator if the power is out.
- Submit your smoke damaged clothing to us for restoration dry cleaning services.
What NOT to do after smoke and fire damage
- Do not touch soot or smoke damaged surfaces because your hand oils can cause further damage to walls, woodwork, and upholstery.
- Do not try washing the walls because using improper methods could compound the soot residue.
- Do not try to clean carpets or upholstery.
- Do not use electrical appliances that have not been inspected.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling or the fixture is wet.
Our trained staff provides effective smoke and fire damage cleanup using the best cleaning products and state-of-the-art equipment available. Our five-step fire damage restoration process includes:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning
- Content pack-out
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
If a fire should strike you property in Willmar, MN, contact ServiceMaster Professional Services at 320-227-3000 immediately for fire damage and smoke damage restoration services. We are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond promptly to emergency situations.