Water damage is such a common problem because of the number of potential causes and failure to react quickly enough to water damage can cause the situation to become much more serious. The most common causes of water damage include rain, floods, sewer backups, plumbing leaks, and burst pipes and the excess water will spread through absorbent building materials which will cause more extensive damage and increase the risk of mold growth until it is removed. ServiceMaster Recovery Services by TLC provides water damage restoration services to help homes and businesses in Westlake and Lake Charles, LA recover from water damage. We dispatch a team of technicians within 2 hours of your call to help stop the spread of the damage.
Our technicians arrive on the scene quickly to mitigate the damage using the most advanced cleaning equipment and technology in the industry. We can effectively remove excess water and moisture in commercial and residential settings as well as restore the resulting damage to the furnishings, structural elements, and personal content in your home. By limiting the spread of the water and removing it with our drying equipment, we can help save time and money on the restoration process and greatly reduce the risk of mold growth. It normally takes about 3 days to finish a water damage restoration project and we can also provide assistance with any insurance claims.
The following phases are included in our water damage restoration process:
- Emergency Response: We provide a full inspection to evaluate the scope of the damage.
- Water Removal and Drying: Water and moisture is removed completely from furnishings, structural elements, and personal belongings with our drying equipment.
- Reinstallation and Cleaning: Anything that was removed during the restoration will be reinstalled and your home or building will be cleaned up.
What to Do After Water Damage
- Call ServiceMaster TLC right away if you discover water damage because it can spread to cause additional damage and mold growth.
- Remove as much water as you can by mopping and blot drying.
- Remove non-permanent floor coverings but leave the removal of permanent carpeting and flooring to the professionals.
- Raise drapery bottoms off the floor by putting them through a hanger and putting the hanger on the drapery rod.
- Wipe water from wet furniture, set up the cushions for even drying, and put aluminum foil under the furniture legs.
- Move paintings, photos, and like objects to a safe, dry location.
- Water damaged books should be packed together tightly on their shelves to avoid page warping until they can be properly treated with our specialized drying process.
- Accelerate the drying process by opening up internal doors and cabinet doors and drawers.
What NOT to Do After Water Damage
- Do not enter a room with standing water if the power is still on.
- Do not use a regular vacuum cleaner to remove water.
- Do not try to remove permanent carpeting yourself, let a professional handle it.
- Do not use electrical appliances while standing on a wet floor.
- Do not try to clean up mold or mildew growth.
If your home or building in Westlake or Lake Charles, LA sustains water damage, make sure to call ServiceMaster Recovery Services by TLC for water damage restoration services. We will react quickly to your call to limit the damage and we also provide free estimates for this service. You can reach us 24 hours a day for water damage emergencies at (337) 656-0443.