Even though water damage is the most common type of damage to affect homes and commercial properties, it is still difficult to prevent and detect. Water damage may result from a variety of different sources, such as rain and natural floods, hidden leaks, pipe bursts, sewage backups, and overflows. It is very important to address any type of water damage on your property immediately because excess water can lead to serious issues such as mold growth and structural damage.
ServiceMaster Restoration Professionals provides water damage restoration services in West Fargo, ND to remove excess water from homes and businesses, and restore the damaged objects and materials. Our technicians use advanced procedures and water extraction equipment to completely remove water and moisture from the affected areas.
Damages Caused by Water
Any source of water damage from a small leak to standing water can be dangerous for your property. Water and moisture can spread unimpeded through many building materials such as wood, flooring, drywall, and insulation, which can spread the damage over a large area of your property. Substantial water can weaken these building materials and greatly increase the risk of structural damage.
Water-damaged objects and materials are also at risk for mold growth because mold spores are attracted to areas with excess moisture. The presence of mold will not only contribute to structural damage, but also introduce the risk of mold-related health effects including allergies and infection.
Our technicians at ServiceMaster Restoration Professionals have the training and experience to provide effective water damage restoration services for homes and businesses. We will make sure all excess water and moisture is removed with our advanced water extraction equipment, and we will also clean and restore damaged furnishings and building materials.
Flood Facts – Check Out Our Video
Our water cleanup services include the following steps:
- Initial evaluation and assessment of the damage
- Removal of all water and moisture
- Anti-microbial applications
- Drying: air movement
- Drying: dehumidification
- Drying: monitoring
Water Damage Tips
Water Mitigation – What to Do:
- Call ServiceMaster Restoration Professionals immediately once you find water damage on your property.
- Mop or blot dry only to remove excess water.
- Remove temporary flooring like area rugs, but do not try to remove permanent flooring.
- Keep drapery bottoms off the floor by putting them through a coat hanger and putting the hanger on the rod.
- Wipe down your wet furniture and put aluminum foil under the furniture legs.
- Put vulnerable objects such as photos and other objects in a safe, dry place.
- Keep books with water damage packed together on the shelf to prevent page warping until they can be restored with specialized drying.
- Open all doors inside your home to help with drying.
Flood Extraction – What NOT to Do:
- Do not walk through a room with standing water until the electricity is turned off.
- Do not try to remove water with a regular vacuum cleaner.
- Do not try to remove permanent flooring.
- Do not use electrical appliances until they have been inspected for safety.
- Do not try to clean up mold or mildew growth.
Time is of the essence when responding to water damage because allowing the water to spread will only result in further property damage and mold growth. If you notice water damage in your home or business in West Fargo, ND, contact ServiceMaster Restoration Professionals right away for professional water damage restoration. Our technicians will arrive quickly to contain and assess the damage so we can begin the restoration process.
We are available 24 hours a day at (701) 660-3880 to respond to your emergencies.