The winter months in Waterford, CT, can take a toll on your property, and particularly your sewer and water pipes. It is common during winter months for pipes to freeze and burst in both residential and commercial settings, which can lead to severe water damage in a hurry.
At ServiceMaster by Mason, we offer assistance through our frozen pipes damage restoration services. Our frozen pipe and burst pipe specialists can help remove any standing water, provide demolition of building materials that may need to be removed, and fully dry and restore your property in the case of an water emergency.
Preventing Your Pipes from Freezing
While homes in New England are beautiful and unique, many have older pipes and plumbing materials that could be susceptible to leaks and breaks during our harsh winter weather. A few ways that you can be proactive, and prevent your pipes from freezing in the first place, include:
- Allowing your faucets to drip during cold days and nights to keep water in your pipes flowing
- Opening up the cabinet doors beneath your sinks to keep pipes warmer
- Carefully placing a space heater near uninsulated pipes
- Using pipe insulation or electrical tape to protect your pipes
- Turning off your outdoor water supply
- Keeping your outdoor hoses inside
Thawing Out Frozen Pipes
Even if you are proactive, there are cases where your pipes will freeze. This happens quite often in areas where piping is more exposed to the elements (such as in outside walls and attics) or heat isn’t frequently circulating. If your water pressure is abnormally low, or you notice frost or ice on your pipes, we encourage you to:
- Find the line that includes the frozen pipe, and identify where it is freezing
- See how bad the damage is (pipes can become frosty, covered in ice, and even bulge)
- Contact frozen pipe restoration professionals if your pipes are freezing
- Attempt to carefully thaw out the pipe with a heat lamp or hairdryer (never use an open-flamed source)
- If needed, remove drywall to get better access to frozen pipes (this can save you money in the long-run)
- Keep water in the affected pipes flowing by turning on the faucets they supply water to
Burst Pipe Repair Services
If one or more of your pipes burst, a very large quantity of water can rapidly flood your property. Obviously, this can lead to significant damage to your property and personal belongings. This is why we remain available 24/7/365 to answer your call and provide assistance.
Our ServiceMaster by Mason restoration experts are adept in burst pipe restoration, water damage restoration and drying, and mold removal. This means that we can fully restore your property following a disaster from water and burst pipes. When you utilize our burst pipe repair services, we will:
- Extract standing water
- Remove excess moisture and dry materials
- Restore affected areas
- Eliminate and/or prevent mold growth
- Provide demolition and removal of unsalvageable materials
To utilize our frozen pipes damage restoration services, contact our ServiceMaster by Mason experts at (860) 455-4969. We are available 24-hours a day to respond in your time of need, and proudly service property owners in Waterford, CT and the surrounding southeastern and central Connecticut areas.