Fire Damage Related Info
No one can predict when a fire may strike. The effects are also devastating as they can leave your home or building in ruins. As the safety of all affected individuals is the number one priority, restoration of the building materials and personal belongings must follow immediately in order to avoid costly repairs and replacements. But after the flames have been extinguished and everyone has safely evacuated, a fire damage restoration service must be called immediately. This is to prevent additional damage from harmful byproducts including smoke and soot.
ServiceMaster by Mason is available 24/7 in Waterford, CT to provide fire damage restoration services. We ensure that the damages are assessed while the restoration process is initiated immediately to efficiently restore your property. Finally, we will provide emergency boarding and tarping to avoid additional damages caused by the weather.
What to Do After a Fire – Check Out this Video:
Because fires can start at any time, we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to ensure the damage is assessed as soon as possible.When calling ServiceMaster by Mason in Waterford, CT, a team of trained and experienced technicians is immediately dispatched to your location to begin the restoration process.
All measures are then taken to preserve the property and protect against additional damages caused by soot and corrosive materials. We consider all fire cleanup cases an emergency as these hazardous byproducts of the fire will seep into porous materials including drywall, wood, paint, and more.
They can also leave irreversible stains while creating a hazardous environment for you and your family. However, our professionals are trained and IICRC-certified to control fire damage restoration in all environments, regardless of the extent of the damage.
Fire Restoration – What to Do
- Call ServiceMaster by Mason right away to prevent the spread of smoke and soot damage.
- Use cheesecloth over all air registers.
- Change the furnace filters, if safe.
- Open windows, as long as the weather permits, to properly air out the property.
- Cover any upholstery with sheets, as long as it is not wet, to prevent the soot from settling within the fibers.
- Brush away any smoke or soot particles away from the upholstery, drapes, and carpet.
- Throw away any open containers with food as they may have been contaminated by the smoke and soot.
- Relocate pets (especially birds) to a clean home.
- Send any clothing you may need right away to the dry cleaners. They can perform the best restoration work for removing smoke and soot from clothes.
- Carefully wash the plants with water to remove any smoke and soot particles.
Smoke Damage Cleanup – What NOT to Do
- Do not use any electrical appliance until deemed safe by the technician.
- Do not use any home cleaning products to clean the damaged materials yourself.
- Do not use any home carpet or upholstery cleaners.
- Do not use any ceiling fixtures as the structure above could be severely damaged.
- Avoid touching anything with your bare hands as the oil could tarnish the damaged objects.
Our smoke and fire damage restoration services include:
- Structural damage assessment
- Emergency board-up and tarping
- Structural bracing and shoring
- Removal of soot deposits and smoke
- Cleaning of various surfaces (masonry, concrete, brick, block, drywall, wood, paint, metal, carpet, tile, glass)
- Water and chemical removal
- Demolition and debris removal
- Media blasting
- Content restoration
When a fire occurs, your safety as well as those of all affected individuals should always be considered the first priority. However, as soon as the flames have been extinguished, it is essential to start the restoration process as soon as possible to avoid additional damage to your belongings.
ServiceMaster by Mason is available 24/7 at (860) 455-4969 for all smoke and fire damage emergencies in Waterford, CT and the surrounding communities.