Water Damage Related Info
At some point, the majority of all homes experience some form of water damage as there are many potential causes including rain, floods, plumbing leaks, pipe bursts, and sewage backups. Once excess water or moisture seeps inside, it is absorbed in porous building materials which can result in significant structural damage as well as the growth of mold or mildew.
RestorationMaster provides water damage restoration services in Vancouver, WA and the surrounding areas to remove excess water and restore the resulting water damage. We understand that water can spread quickly, which is why we arrive to your home or business within 2 hours of your initial call.
Property Damages Caused by Water
Excess water or moisture can easily spread through porous building materials including drywall, insulation, wood, and flooring to affect a larger area of the home or building. It can be difficult to determine just how deeply the water has been absorbed which is why it is best to call RestorationMaster for immediate flood cleanup. Our technicians contain the spread to prevent further damage. The advanced drying equipment also allows us to extract water and moisture from the water-damaged furnishings.
You can expect the following from our flood restoration services:
- Fast Response and Open Communication: Our technicians are sent to your location within 2 hours of your call to contain the water damage. We explain the water damage restoration process to you before we begin and maintain open communication as we work to provide updates.
- Thorough Inspection of the Damage: Our specialists fully inspect the entire area to determine the extent of the damage and form the restoration plan accordingly. We will present the plan to you for your approval before starting the project.
- Effective Drying with Commercial Equipment: Our water extraction, drying, and dehumidification equipment are the best of the industry. They effectively remove water from furnishings, structural elements, and air spaces.
- Cleaning and Restoration: We will clean and restore the affected area after removing the water and moisture.
- Concentration on Drying: The water damage restoration will ensure all excess water and moisture have been thoroughly removed to prevent mold growth.
Sewage Backup Cleaning
If a sewage backup has occurred in your home, it is important to proceed with extreme caution due to the threat of dangerous health effects. Sewage backups often consists of dangerous substances including waste materials and microorganisms including bacteria; this can lead to infection or disease. Sewage backups can also cause an unpleasant odor to linger in your home in addition to the water damage. RestorationMaster safely extracts sewage from your home with advanced equipment while cleaning and disinfecting the area so it is safe for reuse.
Water Damage Cleanup – What to Do
- Call our technicians immediately as water and bacteria growth will spread quickly.
- Leave open any drawers, closet doors, and cabinets to allow for proper ventilation
- Do not take out any books from shelves. Instead, try to pack them tightly to avoid additional water damage to the pages. Wait for professional help to arrive to continue the drying process.
- Remove photos, sculptures, or paintings to a higher, dry ground, away from standing water.
- Wipe down all furniture. Prop up any couch or chair cushions for even drying while placing aluminum foil underneath table, chair, and other furniture leggings.
- Remove any draperies from the floor. Either loop through a hanger or place on a drying rack to air out.
- Remove any wet rugs or loose coverings from the floor on to a drying rack to dry.
- Remove as much standing water as possible by mopping the affected area.
Flood Extraction – What NOT to Do
- Avoid entering a room with standing water until all of the electricity in the home or building is turned off completely.
- Do not come into contact with visible mold as it may pose dangerous threats to your health.
- Do not try to remove any carpeting or coverings attached to the floor. Wait for professional help to arrive.
- Do not try to vaccuum up the water.
- Do not use any electrical appliances on any wet surface.
Water damage can be an emergency situation depending on the severity. It is important to react immediately to water damage; this is to prevent it from spreading and causing severe issues. Contact RestorationMaster right away if there is water in your home or building in Vancouver, WA. We will arrive within 2 hours of your call to immediately begin the water damage restoration process.
We are available 24/7 at (360) 450-3505 for water damage restoration services in Vancouver, WA and the surrounding towns of Camas, Brush Prairie, and Battleground.