There are so many ways that water damage can affect a home or building which is why it is the most common form of property damage. Weather conditions such as flooding, rain, and high humidity as well as burst pipes and plumbing leaks can cause water damage and it must be dealt with by a professional immediately before it spreads to cause more severe damage and mold growth. ServiceMaster First Response provides water damage restoration and repair services in Truckee, CA for homes and businesses that have sustained water damage. We will remove all excess water and moisture as well as repair the damage and we react quickly to limit is spread.
Our technicians are experienced in dealing with any size loss from water damage in commercial and residential settings and we use the most advanced cleaning equipment and drying equipment in the industry to remove all excess water and moisture from the structural elements, furnishings, and content in your home. Water damage can spread through absorbent building materials such as wood, insulation, and drywall and we make sure to immediately limit its spread to prevent more widespread damage. It is important to call us as soon as you notice water damage in your home or building and it typically takes about 3 days to complete the restoration.
Our water damage process includes the following:
- Initial Assessment: We will assess the extent of the water damage as well as determine the source. We will then create a restoration plan based on the assessment.
- Advanced Equipment: Our cleaning products and drying equipment including dehumidifiers and air movers will help us thoroughly dry and restore your home.
- Thorough Drying: Our drying equipment will effectively remove water and moisture from the furnishings, crawl spaces, wall cavities, and structural elements of your home.
- Odor Removal: Any lingering odors from the water, mold, or mildew will be removed.
What to Do After Water Damage
- Contact ServiceMaster First Response before the water spreads to cause extensive damage or mold growth.
- Clean up as much water as you can by mopping and blot drying.
- Remove area rugs and other non-permanent floor coverings but do not try to remove permanent flooring.
- Put the bottoms of your drapes through a coat hanger and put the hanger on the rod to keep the drapes off the floor.
- Wipe water from your wet furniture and prop up the cushions to dry evenly.
- Move delicate objects such as photos and paintings to a dry, safe location.
- Keep water damaged books packed together tightly on the shelves to prevent the pages from warping until they can be treated with specialized drying techniques.
- Open internal doors and any drawers and cabinet doors to help the drying process.
What NOT to Do After Water Damage
- Do not enter a room with standing water if the electricity is still on.
- Do not use a vacuum cleaner to remove water.
- Do not remove permanent flooring or carpeting, this should be left to a professional.
- Do not use electrical appliances if you are standing on a wet floor.
- Do not try to clean up mold growth.
Water damage must be dealt with immediately to prevent it from spreading further so contact ServiceMaster First Response once you discover water damage in your home or building in Truckee, CA. We will remove excess water and moisture as well as restore the resulting damage to the structural elements and furnishings in the building. You can call us 24 hours a day at (775) 546-2036 for water damage restoration emergencies in Truckee, CA.