Excess water or moisture can cause significant damage within a home or building and it may occur from a number of different sources such as leaks, floods, or high humidity. Water damage can become permanent if it is not restored right away which makes it important to call for water damage restoration once it is discovered. ServiceMaster SouthWest provides water damage restoration and repair services to homes and businesses in Sugar Land, TX and Fort Bend County. We respond quickly to water damage emergencies to help mitigate the damage and restore your home or business to its previous condition.
Water Damage Repair Services
The technicians of ServiceMaster SouthWest are trained and insured to provide quality flood and water damage repair services in commercial and residential settings using the best cleaning products and equipment of the industry. The specific water damage restoration services we provide include:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Drying, Dehumidification, and Water Extraction
- Document Drying and Recovery
- Complete Building and Contents Cleaning
- Carpet, Rug, and Upholstery Cleaning
- Mold Remediation
- HVAC Duct Cleaning
- Antiques and Fine Art Restoration
- Electronic Equipment Restoration
- Data and Document Recovery
- Furniture Refinishing
- Biohazard Cleaning
Water Damage Mitigation Tips
Water and flood damage can become permanent and even result in mold growth if it is not cleaned up which is why it is crucial to call ServiceMaster SouthWest for water damage repair as soon as possible. Once you make the call, you can begin the restoration process by performing the following actions:
- Mop or blot dry to remove excess water.
- Remove wet area rugs or floor coverings but do not try to remove permanent carpeting without the help of a professional.
- Put drapery bottoms through a coat hanger and put the hanger on the rod to help keep draperies off the floor.
- Wipe excess water from the furniture, prop up the cushions to dry, and put aluminum foil under all furniture legs.
- Move photos, paintings, and other important documents to a safe location.
- Wet books should be kept on their shelves and packed together tightly to prevent the pages from warping until they can be treated with our specialized drying process.
- Open all doors and cabinet drawers to help the drying process
What NOT to do After Water Damage
- Do not walk into a room with standing water while the electricity is on.
- Do not use a household vacuum cleaner to remove water.
- Do not use electrical appliances over a wet floor.
- Do not try to remove mold growth.
If flooding or leaks have caused water damage in your home or business in Sugar Land, TX 77487 area, contact ServiceMaster SouthWest immediately at (281)247-3113. Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day to respond to water damage emergencies in Fort Bend County Texas.