Few sights are more aggravating to a homeowner than mold growth because mold can be difficult to get rid of and it causes property damage as well as negative health effects. Mold usually occurs as the result of water damage as it thrives when it has a moisture and food source, and it will continue to spread throughout a home until it is completely removed. ServiceMaster by Disaster Associates, Inc. provides mold remediation services to remove mold from homes and buildings in Stoneham, MA and the surrounding communities of Essex and Middlesex counties. We will ensure that all mold growth is removed and we can also repair or replace the surfaces that have been affected.
Cases of severe water damage as well as high humidity and leaks create the right conditions for mold to start growing. It latches onto organic materials such as wood and drywall that it uses as a food source and if given enough time, the mold will cause significant damage to these surfaces and contribute to health issues such as allergies and respiratory infections. Our technicians have the necessary training, cleaning equipment, and products to completely remove mold growth and solve the moisture issue to prevent the mold from returning. A quick enough reaction can save structural elements, furnishings, and personal content from mold damage as we will restore the affected surfaces and objects once the mold is removed. We also have testing capabilities to find hidden mold growth.
Mold Removal Services in Stoneham, MA
Our mold remediation services include the following steps:
- Thorough assessment of the contamination and damage
- Report of the assessment to your insurance company
- Isolation and containment of the affected area
- Creation of a written remediation plan
- Implementation of the remediation plan to remove the mold and restore damaged surfaces
What to Do After Discovering Mold Growth
- Immediately contact ServiceMaster by Disaster Associates, Inc. before the mold spreads any further.
- Repair any potential source of water damage such as leaks and other plumbing issues.
- Open the windows and doors of your home to let in fresh air.
- Wear non-porous gloves and protective eye wear in contaminated areas.
- Use your air conditioner or a dehumidifier to reduce the levels of humidity.
- Check the ventilation of your home.
What NOT to Do After Mold Growth
- Do not try to kill the mold spores because the spores can be just as harmful dead.
- Do not use bleach or other chemicals to kill the mold because this will result in dispersal of the spores.
- Do not cover moldy surfaces with paint or caulk.
- Do not disturb mold growth at all because the mold will disperse its spores and spread the contamination.
You should never hesitate to react to mold growth so contact ServiceMaster by Disaster Associates, Inc. as soon as you notice mold growing in your home or building in Stoneham, MA. We are properly trained and equipped to provide effective mold remediation services and we will also take actions to prevent future mold growth. You can call us 24 hours a day at (781) 350-5510 for mold remediation services in Stoneham, MA.