Known to be one of the most common natural disasters, water damage can start small and spread very quickly. As it has a number of sources, including burst pipes, rain and thunderstorms, sewage backups, floods, and even leaking pipes can all lead to severe and irreversible damage to your building materials. In addition, excess humidity and moisture can produce condensation on the walls and even lead to mold growth over time.
However, RestorationMaster is available 24/7 to provide emergency water damage restoration services in the St. Louis, MO area. Our services are able to restore and repair all damage in both commercial and residential properties of all sizes. We also respond within 2 hours of your first call to prevent the damage from spreading and eliminate the risk of mold growth.
Experience in Water Restoration
While our technicians treat all jobs as an emergency, we make sure our technicians are always available. They are also highly trained and experienced to handle properties of all sizes while using advanced products and equipment to return your home or building to its original condition. RestorationMaster will also clean and restore your content in addition to the building materials with professional content cleaning and pack-out services.
Our fast response time has also allowed us to prevent the damage from spreading, ultimately saving you hours and dollars in additional repairs. If you have any questions regarding our processes, please visit our water restoration FAQ guide. In addition, if you would like to start the restoration process before the technicians arrive, here is what you can do and what should be avoided.
- Call RestorationMaster right away for emergency water cleanup services.
- Blot dry or mop up as much excess water as you can.
- Place a piece of tin foil between furniture legs and the floor to prevent the water from traveling up.
- Place any items that are not attached to the floor in a high, safe location.
- Prop up any wet sofa cushions, pillows, furniture skirts, and curtains for drying.
- Wipe down any wet furniture.
- Pack books tightly in their place to prevent the pages from warping.
- Open all indoor doors, closets, and cabinets to allow for better air flow.
Water Mitigation – What to Avoid:
- Do not use a vacuum cleaner to extract excess water.
- Do not disturb any visible mold
- Do not remove any carpeting or any items that are tacked down to the floor.
- Do not walk into a room with severe structural or electrical damage
Water Cleanup Process
- Step 1: Emergency Response – Our technicians will arrive right away to restore the damage and prevent it from spreading.
- Step 2: Flood Extraction – All excess water will be extracted out of the area and into our truck-mounted tank. Advanced drying equipment will then be set up to enhance the drying process.
- Step 3: Reinstallation and Cleaning – Any building materials that were temporarily removed to allow for better drying will be installed. All surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized to prevent microbial, mold, and other bacteria growth.
While water damage is common, it must always be treated right away. This is because it can lead to additional problems in the future, such as irreversible damage and mold growth. This is why RestorationMaster is available 24/7 to provide water damage restoration services. Our technicians will arrive right away and will use advanced drying equipment to accelerate the drying process. Ultimately, you can look forward to a completely restored property in a short time period.
Call RestorationMaster at (636)492-3030 to request a quote for water damage cleanup services in the St. Louis, MO area.