Fires can strike virtually without warning and they often leave homes devastated and unstable. If your home or business has been damaged by a fire in Saint Paul, MN, immediately call ServiceMaster Professional Services. We provide fire damage cleanup and repair services to restore property and furnishings that have sustained smoke and fire damage.
The professional staff of ServiceMaster Professional Services has an expert knowledge of which chemical combinations are the most effective for removing soot and smoke damage from different surfaces and personal items. This understanding gives us the capability to remove soot from at-risk items that include brass, aluminum, chrome, marble, tile, porcelain, and fabrics such as carpets and upholstery.
What to do after smoke and fire damage
- Contact us immediately for fire damage restoration services as corrosive byproducts can cause permanent damage within days.
- Air out your home if the temperature is above 60 degrees to help eliminate odor from the smoke.
- Clean up any Formica, chrome, porcelain, and aluminum surfaces to avoid irreversible tarnishing or etching.
- If your furnace runs on forced hot air, change the air filter.
- Cover all returns and supply registers with a damp cheesecloth to capture the soot from the air.
- Dispose of open food packages.
- If you lose power, clean out your refrigerator and prop the doors open to dry.
- Clothing that has sustained heavy smoke damage can be restored by our restoration dry cleaning services.
What NOT to do after smoke and fire damage
- Avoid touching anything because your hand oils can cause more damage to upholstery, walls, or woodwork.
- Avoid washing the walls because doing so incorrectly could make soot residue worse.
- Do not try to clean carpets or upholstery.
- Avoid using electrical appliances until they are checked.
- If the ceiling is wet, do not use any ceiling fixtures.
Our highly trained staff uses the latest cleaning products and equipment to provide effective smoke and fire damage restoration services. Our five step fire damage cleanup process includes:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning
- Content pack-out
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
Do not hesitate to call ServiceMaster Professional Services immediately if your home or business in St. Paul, MN has been damaged in a fire. Our team can be reached at 888-583-5345 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond to fire damage repair and cleanup needs.