Water Damage Related Info
Water damage is a major concern for home and business owners across the country because of the devastation it can cause to buildings and belongings. Whether it is due to a flood, severe storm, burst pipe, plumbing leak, sewage backup, sump pump overflow, or really anything else, the risks to your property are severe. Structural elements can become damaged, irreplaceable personal items may be lost, and mold can begin to grow.
For all of these reasons and more, ServiceMaster by Metzler is available 24/7 for emergency water damage restoration in the Rosemont, IL area. Our procedures are among the best in the industry, and will return your home or office space to its original condition in an efficient and effective manner.
When faced with water damage, a timely response is critical in order to minimize the extent of the destruction. Many building materials and structural elements are porous, which means they can be severely affected by excess moisture. These elements include drywall, flooring, insulation, wood, and more. Essentially, the water damage is likely to spread if it is not properly addressed, can lead to structural damage, and promotes mold growth throughout your property.
Water Damage Repair – Check Out This Video
for water damage restoration services in Rosemont, IL, call ServiceMaster by Metzler at (847) 380-7888.
Water Damage Cleanup
ServiceMaster by Metzler’s technicians are specifically trained to handle all cases of water damage. By utilizing state-of-the-art drying equipment, cleaning products, and restoration methodologies, we will remove all excess moisture from your property, and restore your building and belongings to their original condition.
When you choose to utilize our water damage restoration services, you can expect all of the following:
- Emergency Response and Assessment: ServiceMaster by Metzler is available 24 hours a day, and respond to water damage emergencies swiftly. When we arrive, we will perform an initial assessment of the damage.
- Complete Repair: We fix the root cause of the water damage in order to prevent future events from occurring.
- Anti-Microbial Treatments: We provide anti-microbial treatments to prevent the spread of harmful bacteria.
- Drying and Dehumidification: By making use of our industry-best equipment and methodologies, we fully dry and dehumidify affected areas and belongings.
- Restoration: We restore structural elements, furnishings, and personal belongings to the fullest extent possible.
- Mold Inspection and Remediation: We will inspect your property to ensure that mold has not begun to grow. If it has, we can provide full mold removal services.
While water damage can quickly become a devastating event, there are several things that you can do to be proactive and limit the damage.
Flood Cleanup – What to Do:
- Call ServiceMaster by Metzler as soon as possible if the property is located in Rosemont, IL. We can be reached at (847) 380-7888.
- Mop or blot as much water as possible.
- Relocate photos, paintings, etc. from damaged walls to dry locations.
- Wipe down furniture and prop up wet cushions.
- Place aluminum foil beneath furniture legs to separate them from excess moisture.
- Leave books packed tightly on shelves.
- Increase air circulation throughout your home or office space.
- Raise draperies, blinds, curtains, bed skirts, etc. above the floor.
Just as there are things you can do to limit the extent of water damage on your property, there are several things that must be avoided, as well.
Water Mitigation – What NOT to Do:
- Do not enter rooms with standing water, structural damage, or electrical damage.
- Do not attempt to clean mold.
- Do not attempt to remove permanent flooring.
- Do not use a standard vacuum to soak up excess water.
While following the above recommendations will help you to limit the extent of the water damage on your property, and keep individuals safe, the only way to fully restore your property and belongings is to take advantage of our water damage restoration services.
ServiceMaster by Metzler is available 24 hours a day, and can be reached at (847) 380-7888. We proudly service home and business owners in the Rosemont, IL, area.
Related Flood Extraction Services
Review by P.P.
“The service was easy to schedule and the technician was very thorough.”