Water damage is very common but it can also be deceptive as water gets absorbed in porous building materials such as wood and drywall, making it difficult to determine the extent of the problem. There are several common causes of water damage including flooding, heavy rain, leaks, overflows, and sewage backups and if the excess water is not removed quickly enough, it can cause mold growth as well as structural damage. ServiceMaster of Albuquerque and West Mesa provides water damage restoration services for homes and businesses in Rio Rancho, NM. We will immediately limit the spread of the damage and remove the excess water and moisture with our advanced drying equipment.
Water Damage Restoration Process
The technicians of ServiceMaster of Albuquerque and West Mesa are well trained and equipped to provide effective water damage restoration and we have the experience to deal with any size loss. Our drying equipment is the best available in the industry and allows us to thoroughly remove water and moisture from affected personal items, furnishings, and structural elements. The water damage restoration process consists of the following three phases:
- Phase 1: Emergency Response: It is important to stop the spread of water damage as soon as possible and we arrive quickly to help limit the damage.
- Phase 2: Water Removal and Drying: Our state-of-the-art drying equipment can extract water and moisture from any affected item or surface.
- Phase 3: Reinstallation and Cleaning: We will move large objects and furnishings for more effective cleaning and reinstall or replace them when we are done.
Commercial Water Damage Restoration
Water damage can be a major problem in an office or commercial building because it could have a direct effect on the business. Excess water can spread and cause damage that can be expensive for the company to repair and if the damage is severe enough, your company may have to suspend normal activities which can result in a bigger loss. ServiceMaster of Albuquerque and West Mesa provides commercial water damage restoration for businesses in Rio Rancho, NM to help quickly remove excess water and restore the resulting damage.
What to Do in Case of Water Damage
- Make sure to call ServiceMaster of Albuquerque and West Mesa right away to stop the damage from spreading and reduce the risk of mold or mildew growth.
- Mop or blot dry to remove excess water.
- You can remove wet area rugs and non-permanent flooring but leave permanent flooring to the professionals.
- Put the drapery bottoms through a coat hanger and put the hanger on the rod to keep the drapes off the floor.
- Wipe down wet furniture to remove excess water and place aluminum foil under furniture legs to prevent damage to the carpet.
- Put photos, paintings, and other similar objects in a safe, dry location.
- Leave water damaged books packed together on their shelves to prevent them from warping until they can be treated with specialized drying services.
What Not to Do After Water Damage
- Do not walk into a room with standing water unless the power has been shut off.
- Do not try to remove excess water with a vacuum cleaner.
- Do not attempt to remove carpeting or other permanent flooring.
- Do not use electrical appliances while standing on a damp floor.
- Do not disturb mold growth.
All cases of water damage require immediate attention to prevent the water from getting absorbed into porous building materials and causing significant structural damage or mold growth. Make sure you call ServiceMaster of Albuquerque and West Mesa if your home or building in Rio Rancho, NM has sustained water damage. Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day at (505) 814-1411 to respond to emergency water damage situations.