A fire can strike a property at any time and when it does, be sure to contact ServiceMaster Professional Services in Plymouth, MN. We provide fire damage restoration as well as fire and smoke damage cleanup services for homes and businesses.
The professional staff of ServiceMaster Professional Services in Plymouth, MN has an expert understanding of the chemical combinations that can successfully clean up fire and smoke damage and salvage property and belongings. We can eliminate soot and smoke damage from any items such as brass, aluminum, chrome, marble, tile, porcelain, and even fabrics such as carpets and upholstery. Our staff is trained to handle every aspect of fire damage restoration which may include cleanup of property, removal and replacement of drywall and insulation, removal of flooring, and structure evaluation.
What TO DO After Smoke or Fire Damage
- Call us for professional help immediately because permanent etching can occur within 72 hours.
- Air out the house or building if the temperature is above 60 degrees, this will help eliminate smoke odor.
- Clean any Formica, chrome, porcelain, and aluminum fixtures immediately to avoid permanent tarnishing or etching.
- If your furnace uses forced hot air, change the air filter.
- Put damp cheesecloths over the supply and return registers to capture any loose soot.
- Throw away open food containers.
- If the power is out, clean the refrigerator and leave the door propped open.
- Clothing with heavy smoke damage should be taken to our qualified restoration dry cleaner.
What NOT To Do After Smoke or Fire Damage
- Avoid touching anything, the oil from your hands can penetrate upholstery, walls, and woodwork which causes additional damage.
- Do not wash the walls; washing them incorrectly may compound the soot residue.
- Do not clean your carpets or upholstered furniture.
- Refrain from using electrical appliances until they are checked.
- If the ceiling is wet, do not use any ceiling fixtures.
Our five-step smoke and fire damage restoration process involves the latest equipment and supplies:
- Emergency Pre-cleaning
- Content Cleaning
- Content Pack-out
- Wall and Ceiling Cleaning
For fire damage restoration and smoke cleanup services in Plymouth MN area, call ServiceMaster Professional Services at 763-301-5000.