It can be annoying to find a moldy surface in your home, especially if it is in plain view. While it will typically thrive in warm, damp areas, it can grow on any surface as long as there is a presence of organic materials and moisture. Common places for mold can include in the basement, attic, crawlspace, and bathrooms. While it can grow anywhere, it thrives off of the cellulose contained in porous materials, such as particleboard (drywall), wood, and paint.
However, if it is not removed right away, it can spread throughout the home to affect other areas. But ServiceMaster of North Texas is available to provide professional mold remediation services in the Plano, TX area. Our technicians are able to remove both mold and mildew from the most hidden areas in commercial and residential building. We will ensure that it is completely cleared and will not return in the future.
Damages from Mold
When mold infects a particular surface, it reaches deep within the porous material, eating away at the surface. If affected, it will burrow deeper within the material and disperse its’ spores to affect other areas of the property. This is why it is highly recommended to avoid using home remedies when removing mold. ServiceMaster of North Texas applies unique products that are designed to contain the affected area while removing it at its source. We will also ensure that it does not return in the future to affect other areas.
You can expect the following from our mold removal services:
- Pre-inspection of affected material.
- All areas containing mold will be marked and others at high risk will be identified and secured.
- All mold cases will be removed at the source using special products and equipment.
- All additional areas will be decontaminated and all damage will be restored.
- A mold-restraining product will be applied to prevent any future growth.
- Post-inspection to ensure that it will not return in the future.
Mold Cleanup – What to Do:
- Call ServiceMaster of North Texas right away for mold removal.
- Turn on the air conditioning to increase air circulation throughout the home or building.
- Wipe down any building materials containing condensation.
- Fix any water leaks throughout the building.
- Wear protection gear when present around the mold.
- Inspect the air ducts for mold.
Mold Restoration – What to Avoid
- Do not disturb any visible mold.
- Do not clean any mold yourself.
- Do not paint or caulk over mold.
- Do not place a fan directly in front of the mold.
Restoring Building Materials from Mold
While mold is certainly frustrating to deal with, it must be treated as soon as possible. However, you should never try any home remedies to remove it yourself because it may only worsen the damage. Instead, contact ServiceMaster of North Texas for professional mold remediation services and our experts will eliminate all cases using advanced products and equipment. They will also ensure that your structure is not at risk for any future cases.
If you have found mold on your property in the Plano, TX area, call ServiceMaster of North Texas at (972)360-0999 for complete mold removal services.