Water is all around us in so many forms from rain and humidity to the water running through the plumbing system. Water damage is very common in homes and buildings because the water from any of these sources, including rain, plumbing leaks, burst pipes, and even sewage backups, can find its way inside. Once excess water gets into your home, it can spread deeply into porous building materials and create the right conditions for mold growth. RestorationMaster provides water damage restoration services in The Pinery and Castle Pines, CO to dry and restore affected homes and businesses. Our technicians will remove the water and moisture using advanced extraction and drying equipment and we will also repair and restore the damaged areas.
There is only so much you can do to prevent water damage as flash floods, pipe bursts, leaks, or sewage backups can happen virtually any time. The reason excess water is so damaging is because it spreads through absorbent building materials like drywall, flooring, wood, and others. This can result in minor damage like warping and discoloration as well as major structural damage. The excess moisture can also trigger mold growth which adds to the damage and introduces the risk of related health effects like allergies and infection. Our technicians will contain the spread of the moisture on our arrival and remove the water with our extraction equipment. Once most of the water is removed, we will set up dehumidification equipment to dry the affected materials and restore the damage caused by the water.
Sewage backups are a dangerous source of water damage because they cause as much damage as any other type of flooding while bringing harmful substances into your home. Sewage water contains human waste that consists of bacteria and other toxins that can cause a range of health issues. You must stay away from any flood water in your home that possibly contains sewage and call us right away for restoration services. We can safely remove water that contains sewage and we will thoroughly disinfect the scene to prevent negative health effects.
What to Do After Water Damage
- Remove excess water by mopping or blot drying
- Remove area rugs and non-permanent floor coverings but not permanent flooring.
- Get drapes off the floor by putting the bottoms through a coat hanger and putting the hanger on the rod.
- Move photos, paintings, and other vulnerable items to a safe location.
- Wipe water from the furniture and prop the cushions to help with drying.
- Leave books on their shelves to prevent the pages from warping, we can treat them with a specialized drying process.
- Stay away from the flood water if it may contain sewage.
What Not to Do After Water Damage
- Do not enter a room with standing water until the electricity is turned off.
- Do not use a vacuum cleaner to remove water.
- Do not use electrical appliances that are on a wet floor.
- Do not disturb mold growth, we can remove it as part of the restoration.
Regardless of what caused the water damage, you must act quickly to avoid serious structural damage or mold growth. Make sure you contact RestorationMaster once you find water damage in your home or building in The Pinery or Castle Pines, CO to have our trained technicians restore the damage with our advanced equipment and cleaning products. We are available 24 hours a day at (719) 373-6777 to respond to your emergencies.