The idea of a fire is terrifying because it can happen literally any time and the effects can be devastating. Fires cause major damage to a home or building and can result in serious injuries or worse for those inside. You must make sure that everyone evacuates in the event of a fire, and call for restoration services as soon as possible after the fire to prevent more widespread damage. RestorationMaster provides fire damage restoration services in The Pinery and Castle Pines, CO to restore homes and businesses that are damaged in a fire. Our technicians will immediately begin cleaning to prevent permanent damage from corrosive byproducts as well as repair structural damage.
The fire itself is the most fearsome part of the experience as it can quickly engulf a home or building and cause injuries as well as major damage. The immediate danger may be over once the fire is put out, but the most damage can happen in the aftermath. Soot and corrosive byproducts that are formed when synthetic materials are burned are still present after a fire has been extinguished, and they will cause further damage to the surfaces and materials throughout the building. This damage includes etching and tarnishing of the affected surfaces and it will become permanent if the materials are not cleaned right away. Our technicians can effectively restore a wide range of surfaces and materials affected by soot and corrosive byproducts with our powerful chemical cleaners.
Make sure you call RestorationMaster after the fire is extinguished to restore your home or building with our fire damage restoration services. Following these tips as you await our arrival will help reduce the damage:
What to Do After a Fire
- If the temperature outside is 60 degrees or above, open your doors and windows to air out the home.
- Wipe soot damage from aluminum, chrome, porcelain, and Formica surfaces.
- Change the air filter on your furnace.
- Dispose of any food exposed to the smoke or fire.
- Cover return and supply registers with a damp cheesecloth to filter soot from the air.
- Clean out the inside of your refrigerator if you have lost power.
- Submit smoke damaged clothing and other fabrics for restoration dry cleaning.
What Not to Do After a Fire
- Do not touch porous surfaces like wood or drywall that have soot damage because your hand oils will penetrate these materials and worsen the damage.
- Do not wash soot damaged walls because you will make the damage worse without the right cleaning methods or products.
- Do not clean upholstery or carpeting that has been damaged.
- Do not use electrical appliances until they are inspected.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet.
Putting out the fire may allow you to rest a little easier knowing that no one is in any danger, but the damage will only get worse until you take action. If your home or business in The Pinery or Castle Pines, CO has experienced a fire, contact RestorationMaster as soon as possible. You can reach us 24 hours a day at (719) 373-6777 for emergency assistance.